+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Question, I applied Jan 16 and I got my biometrics correspondence letter afterwards but I have not done the actual biometrics yet. will that delay my pgwp approval?

FINESSER

Apr 7, 2020
Hello guys, i am part of those large number that visit this forum anonymously and just read comments and gained insights on how and what to do as you all in one way shared your experience here.

I applied for PGWP on January 11, got eligibility on April 6 and approval same day.
I am so happy i have opportunity to remain in Canada after school for 3 years and hopefully apply for PR and that Blue passport later.

Thanks to everyone that come here to share their experience both good and bad, it's helping us avoid mistakes.
I got my mail today, exactly one week after approval.

goodluck everyone!!!

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
I got my biometrics validation letter yesterday, they are reviewing eligibility so hopefully today I’ll have the answer. How about you?
I have not yet recieved it. I was not able to do my biometrics and now I am unable to do it because Service Canada is closed. Will this delay my application?

jasmineD

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I have not yet recieved it. I was not able to do my biometrics and now I am unable to do it because Service Canada is closed. Will this delay my application?
They won’t process the application without taking biometrics, sorry but your application will be deemed incomplete. When did you get your biometrics letter since you applied in jan you should have got it in 48-72 hours.

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
They won’t process the application without taking biometrics, sorry but your application will be deemed incomplete. When did you get your biometrics letter since you applied in jan you should have got it in 48-72 hours.
I got my biometrics letter the same day. Unfortunately I was not able to process it because of my busy work schedule. Will this cause my application to be rejected? Or they will simply not process it? Is there a difference?

I checked my status now and it still says under process.

jasmineD

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
I got my biometrics letter the same day. Unfortunately I was not able to process it because of my busy work schedule. Will this cause my application to be rejected? Or they will simply not process it? Is there a difference?

I checked my status now and it still says under process.
I’m unsure, you might want to give them a call. Are you out of status at this point? Because if it gets rejected, you’ll have to apply to restore your status as well as apply again. I’m not sure if they will just not process it but it mentioned that biometrics need to be submitted.

anton_gambit_11

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
I’m unsure, you might want to give them a call. Are you out of status at this point? Because if it gets rejected, you’ll have to apply to restore your status as well as apply again. I’m not sure if they will just not process it but it mentioned that biometrics need to be submitted.
My study permit has expired last Jan 30, I submitted my application before that so I am on implied status. Not sure what it means When you say "restore" my status?