+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jasmineD

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
My study permit has expired last Jan 30, I submitted my application before that so I am on implied status. Not sure what it means When you say "restore" my status?
Implied status exists if your application is complete, I would want to give them a call. Usually if it happens you have to restore status as a student and apply again, but you can always call them or submit a web form to check. But since you don’t have your biometrics your application won’t be processed unfortunately.

vinodkutlehria

Apr 8, 2020
My study permit has expired last Jan 30, I submitted my application before that so I am on implied status. Not sure what it means When you say "restore" my status?
Implied status means ur study permit expired and PGWP waiting. If pgwp refused you have no status. First you have to restore your status as student then re apply. The status restore can be done within 90 days of expiry. Please do call IRCC for further clarifications.

Monik1422

Apr 16, 2020
Applied PGWP on January 17th 2020 still in processing status. Anyone got updates or approval who applied on January 17th ..??

jasmineD

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
Applied PGWP on January 17th 2020 still in processing status. Anyone got updates or approval who applied on January 17th ..??
Got my work permit approved for 3 years. Just checked my email.
Applied 16 Jan, biometrics Done 23 Jan, biometrics validation received 14 April, approved 15 April for 3 years.

Monik1422

Apr 16, 2020
Got my work permit approved for 3 years. Just checked my email.
Applied 16 Jan, biometrics Done 23 Jan, biometrics validation received 14 April, approved 15 April for 3 years.
Congrats. I gave my biometrics on February 4th only due to no slot available before that, whether that might be the reason for delay of my application...???

vinodkutlehria

Apr 8, 2020
Congrats. I gave my biometrics on February 4th only due to no slot available before that, whether that might be the reason for delay of my application...???
That's not a reason.. The days calculated from the day of submission of application not biometrics.... System pick up the application as per the date submitted

abhi9520

Apr 3, 2020
I got my Biometrics Collection Letter on Jan 9th and completed by Biometrics on Feb 6th. I think the Biometrics date matters as I am still waiting. Hopeful to receive it by next week. Let us know when you get the approval.