+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
Good Morning All, need some advice, my friend was refused pgwp yesterday, because she applied inside Canada however she returned home to visit her family they said it was denied because she was not in Canada, her student visa and trv also expired.. Question can she reapply for pgwp from outside Canada agan she is still within 180 days??? Need any advise to move forward, we are distressed at this time. Thanksss
Hello Everyone ...reposted the above so persons can remember her story...my friend received letters confirming approval of pgwp and trv today so all is happy..her reapplication outside of Canada on 7th November and confirmation letters dated today...her pgwp wld be issued on her arrival back into Canada and she has to forward her passport for trv within the month...so huge thanks to all who gave her hope and this forum really is helpful...to persons who was denied...do not give up ...try again. and those who are contemplating leaving the Country whilst application is processing please think twice because it did not go her way!

pbhanot

Star Member
Nov 15, 2019
Hello Everyone ...reposted the above so persons can remember her story...my friend received letters confirming approval of pgwp and trv today so all is happy..her reapplication outside of Canada on 7th November and confirmation letters dated today...her pgwp wld be issued on her arrival back into Canada and she has to forward her passport for trv within the month...so huge thanks to all who gave her hope and this forum really is helpful...to persons who was denied...do not give up ...try again. and those who are contemplating leaving the Country whilst application is processing please think twice because it did not go her way!
Hi, I actually went to USA for one week after applying my pgwp, Currently in Canada but went to USA for 1 week to attend cousin's wedding. Do you think that will be a problem ?

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
Hi, I actually went to USA for one week after applying my pgwp, Currently in Canada but went to USA for 1 week to attend cousin's wedding. Do you think that will be a problem ?
It may not affect you..you had a trv to reenter..so al the best

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You are allowed to leave canada after applying for pgwp, that person probably had some other issue.

Reactions: Lbatallanos

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Hi,
I have applied for a post-graduation work permit extension because it expires early due to my passport's validity. It has been 4 months, and the application is still in process. My question is, I got married last week and if I update my marital status in my application then will it take more time to get the work permit??
Thanks.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
(I created an account just so I could reply to this)

Hearing that people who applied in early March already got their permits is a relief! The CIC's processing times page says they're still working on applications from February 26th, which had me very worried as my job offer isn't gonna wait forever.

I applied on March 18th, and got my no update email 8 days ago. Anybody who applied around the same time had any luck so far?

Hi,
I have applied for a post-graduation work permit extension because it expires early due to my passport's validity. It has been 4 months, and the application is still in process. My question is, I got married last week and if I update my marital status in my application then will it take more time to get the work permit??
Thanks.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
Thank you for pointing that out! Indeed I went right after sending that message yesterday to my account, and checked the box. I got a "no update" email right after checking it.

I checked my account today again and saw that my PGWP had been approved! Yayy! I still havent received a message though, I just saw it in the updates showing my applications Final Decision.

So for my timeline:

Applied : March 15
No Update email: April 27
Application Approved: April 28.

Total waiting days: 44 days

Still waiting on the approval email/message.

However, I applied for my PGWP outside canada. I am wondering what to do now about the TRV application, hopefully they mention that in my letter because my TRV is expired now.

Hi,
Thanks.

aman1989

Aug 3, 2019
MY PGWP application is approved today.
I applied on March 28th. (48 days).

Hi,
Thanks.

sai0594

Star Member
Nov 21, 2019
Hi,
Thanks.
No idea ... call cic