+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ehsan3001

Star Member
Mar 12, 2019
Toronto
Why you took LOA if you already had an official break?
If you don’t take LOA you have to pay the full tuition fee of the summer plus in 2018 the university told students to take leave to be able to work full-time.
Obviously the officer didn’t see his application carefully and rejected him as soon as he saw the LOA on his transcript

Reactions: M_atin and Rynn

Namrata_Neha

Nov 16, 2019
Anyone here who can tell Although here its showing july end applicants have started getting their pgwp But my daughter who applied on July 17 th has been told by cic that she has to wait till 1 st or 2 nd week of December .She is from india . Anyone going through the delay ? She has to come for her brother's wedding 1 st week of jan ..even if she gets her work permit , what is the exact procedure to get her TRV from india if she applies online from canada

Namrata_Neha

Nov 16, 2019
Also wanted to know this if she can apply from india too after she gets her work permit What again is the procedure from india and how much time it takes and whether she applies from canada or india isn't it the same ircc site to apply .. Please answer the experienced ones here

Abby000

Nov 12, 2019
Also wanted to know this if she can apply from india too after she gets her work permit What again is the procedure from india and how much time it takes and whether she applies from canada or india isn't it the same ircc site to apply .. Please answer the experienced ones here
Hi
There are numerous things she can do:
1.If she applied already from canada she has to wait for her work permit to be approved and mailed to her canadian address after that she should apply online or in paper for her trv . Once the trv is approved her passport should be sent to toronto to be stamped with trv thatcould take around 2 to 3 weeks.

2. Since she applied from canada and in worst case scenario if work permit is delayed she can travel to india for her brothers wedding. And then when the work permit is approved she should use the " webform" to inform ircc about her address change.also she can apply for her trv from India as well and wait for its approval and sent it to the canadian embassy or agency in India . I have no idea about the processing time from your country which you could check from cic website. And in that case,she will get her work permit while she enters back to canada (airport).

Reactions: Namrata_Neha

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019
Anyone here who can tell Although here its showing july end applicants have started getting their pgwp But my daughter who applied on July 17 th has been told by cic that she has to wait till 1 st or 2 nd week of December .She is from india . Anyone going through the delay ? She has to come for her brother's wedding 1 st week of jan ..even if she gets her work permit , what is the exact procedure to get her TRV from india if she applies online from canada
She can also apply for TRV from India based on the PGWP received in Canada. Without the TRV she cannot return back to Canada.
On a personal note , it is not advisable to to leave Canada without the PGWP approval.in Canada .

Namrata_Neha

Nov 16, 2019
Thank you so much for a great and prompt reply . you mean if she changes her address in web form she ll receive it when she lands at the airport in canada? righ

anhie

Aug 23, 2015
hi guys! im new to this forum but i have a question about PGWP. i applied on september 1st. however, it seems like when my friends apply, they didnt get ask to upload their transcript right away but rather upload it later when its being reviewed. however, i got asked to upload my transcript right away when i was submitting the application. does that mean i was doing something wrong? should i be worried? thanks for your advices in advance!

Abby000

Nov 12, 2019
Thank you so much for a great and prompt reply . you mean if she changes her address in web form she ll receive it when she lands at the airport in canada? righ
You are welcome!
Usually they dont mail the pgwp to foreign countries. Its given at the port of entry ie at the airport in your case when she lands in canada with her trv.

Abby000

Nov 12, 2019
hi guys! im new to this forum but i have a question about PGWP. i applied on september 1st. however, it seems like when my friends apply, they didnt get ask to upload their transcript right away but rather upload it later when its being reviewed. however, i got asked to upload my transcript right away when i was submitting the application. does that mean i was doing something wrong? should i be worried? thanks for your advices in advance!
If im not wrong. Everyone is asked to upload their transcript at the time of application depending on what you choose for the evidence of graduation ie a letter of confirmation, transcript , parchment etc However , if you havent received your transcript by then and still submitted the application with other than a transcript you will be asked by ircc to upload your official transcript later after you have received it.

Abby000

Nov 12, 2019
She can also apply for TRV from India based on the PGWP received in Canada. Without the TRV she cannot return back to Canada.
On a personal note , it is not advisable to to leave Canada without the PGWP approval.in Canada .
I agree! And apparently applying from outside usually takes longer than applying from canada.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Everyone needs to upload both transcripts & letter of completion. Sometimes just letter of completion gets you a pgwp, sometimes people get rejected because they didn't upload transcripts & sometimes they ask you to provide transcripts if it was missing. So in short always upload both to avoid problems.