+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Davidaf

May 10, 2018
Montreal
Can I keep working while my wife changes from student to PGWP? My SOWP is still valid except for the remark (as long spouse is student).
Thanks guys

adeng3

Sep 15, 2018
Hello there, for those who got approved on Nov 7th, did you receive the letter of work permit in your mailbox yet?

kim hdez

Jul 16, 2012
I can finally say:

I got approved!!!!!!

Applied July 25th 2019
Approved Nov 13th 3019

Profile updated to application/profile updated yesterday, went back to submitted, then again today, and finally approved.
This thread helped me so much. Hope everyone gets their answer soon!!!

Richieeboy01

Oct 11, 2019
I applied for PGWP on July 4th, got approval on October 24th. Got the physical work permit in the mail on the 28th, so it takes 3-4 business days to arrive via mail.
I applied for TRV on the 27th of October with just in Canada approval letter and less than 5k balance however included pay stubs and employment letter.

I was worried that since I didn't apply with the physical permit which I received just one day after submission. Rather than re-applying I decided to add my work permit via web form on October 30th.
TRV processing took longer than the posted one week time period, Got the letter to send passport via mail to Ottawa on November 7th.

Curious to know if anyone knows how long it takes to stamp passport with visa via Canada Post.
Hey man, Have you gotten your passport back ? and you said you submitted your TRV with the In Canada Approval Letter and they requested your passport ? I applied for TRV with my physical work permit since Nov 4th and nothing yet was wondering why.

Ferns_Ivy

Aug 25, 2019
Hey man, Have you gotten your passport back ? and you said you submitted your TRV with the In Canada Approval Letter and they requested your passport ? I applied for TRV with my physical work permit since Nov 4th and nothing yet was wondering why.
How long did it take to get your physical copy in the mail?

Cezinando

Sep 23, 2019
Can I keep working while my wife changes from student to PGWP? My SOWP is still valid except for the remark (as long spouse is student).
Thanks guys
Once she applies c/w pay stubs and job offer on noc you can work because both would be under implied status. If she does not get a job offer and get any certification from college she is automatically not student anymore, so you cannot work...

Simonesra

Jun 20, 2019
Finally
I got approved

Applied July 25th 2019
Approved November 13th 2019

But I have a question...My son has received the letter of approval but my letter has not yet received. But I can already see my WP approval on the system and my eta. Does this happen sometimes?

apatelif

Oct 10, 2019
Can someone please help me out
I just received my PGWP for 1 year and I have to apply for TRV urgently
i am full time working in company so what should i select
1) purpose of my visit - returning student ? OR returning worker ?
2) how long you plan to stay ? - its same as PGWP expiry date ?
3) name address and relationship of any person or institution i will visit : - here i need to fill my company details ?

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Can someone please help me out
I just received my PGWP for 1 year and I have to apply for TRV urgently
i am full time working in company so what should i select
1) purpose of my visit - returning student ? OR returning worker ?
2) how long you plan to stay ? - its same as PGWP expiry date ?
3) name address and relationship of any person or institution i will visit : - here i need to fill my company details ?

1. returning worker
2. End date of pgwp
3. yes, use the name and address of your employer.

ErinB67

Star Member
Jul 30, 2019
Finally
I got approved

Applied July 25th 2019
Approved November 13th 2019

But I have a question...My son has received the letter of approval but my letter has not yet received. But I can already see my WP approval on the system and my eta. Does this happen sometimes?
It takes a while sometimes. I didn't see mine till the next day.

lepreecon

Nov 14, 2019
Hey everyone. I got approved today!

Applied on: August 1st
Eligibility review: Nov. 14th
Approved on: Nov. 14th

I will update the google sheet later. Good luck to all of you who are still waiting!

Reactions: coolfish