+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
I have as student trv(sticker on the passport valid till dec 31, 2019) my pgwp got approved for 3 years, can i travel back to canada? Planning a short trip back home.
Is that TRV a multiple entry visa? If yes, then you can visit and come back but keep any proof handy with you in case CBSA officer asks you for the cause of visiting home. They usually do not.
However, to be on the safe side, do not leave Canada until you get your PGWP.

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Hi everyone I have a quick question...can we apply for visitor visa while we are waiting for our pgwp to be approved so that at least we have a valid status in the country rather just an implied status until pgwp is approved and received?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi everyone I have a quick question...can we apply for visitor visa while we are waiting for our pgwp to be approved so that at least we have a valid status in the country rather just an implied status until pgwp is approved and received?
Implied status is valid status AND you can work if you applied for PGWP with a valid student permit.

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
But I can’t leave it if I have some emergency right...that’s why I was wondering if we can apply for visitor while we wait for the pgwp to get approved and come.

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
Good Morning All, need some advice, my friend was refused pgwp yesterday, because she applied inside Canada however she returned home to visit her family they said it was denied because she was not in Canada, her student visa and trv also expired.. Question can she reapply for pgwp from outside Canada agan she is still within 180 days??? Need any advise to move forward, we are distressed at this time. Thanksss

Majesty1

Nov 2, 2019
reason.for refusal.."no longer in Canada and not a person describe in Immigration who can apply to change conditions or to extend stay from within Canada"

tankarla

Star Member
Aug 26, 2019

Alanna

Star Member
Jul 18, 2016
Good Morning All, need some advice, my friend was refused pgwp yesterday, because she applied inside Canada however she returned home to visit her family they said it was denied because she was not in Canada, her student visa and trv also expired.. Question can she reapply for pgwp from outside Canada agan she is still within 180 days??? Need any advise to move forward, we are distressed at this time. Thanksss
Did you mean after applying for PGWP inside Canada, she left Canada then received the rejection news while she was still overseas? This is weird because she was refused on the basis of not being in Canada?

yeng119

Nov 1, 2019
maybe the program she took was not eligible to apply for pgwp since it said "not a person describe in Immigration who can apply to change conditions or to extend stay from within Canada"?

csadangi

Jul 1, 2017
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Edmonton
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-07-2019
Doc's Request.
Additional documents submitted upfront on 16-08-19
AOR Received.
17-07-2019
IELTS Request
Jan-2019
Med's Done....
16-08-2019
Just an update, 17th July AOR, Eligibility review in progress :) :)
WP application

Reactions: jvnjie

17ha15

Oct 15, 2018
Applied on July 9th,
Reviewed on October 28th
Approved on October 29th.
Just one year permit, could be affected by passport expiry.
Didn't submit a transcript, didn't require one either.
Good luck everyone.
how didn't they require a transcript? Almost every pgwp checklist demands a transcript, right?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
But I can’t leave it if I have some emergency right...that’s why I was wondering if we can apply for visitor while we wait for the pgwp to get approved and come.
You can leave any time, you cant come back until you get your pgep & then get trv. No you cant apply for visitor.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
This is not correct, you can apply for pgwp & leave this is not a problem. So there is either something wrong with your friends app, she applied for wrong thing or ircc made a mistake if you are sure they made a mistake contact them and try to reopen the application.