+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kim hdez

Jul 16, 2012
Hello,

I have a question I'd appreciate to be sure of. I applied July 25th so I should get approved soon hopefully and I need to go out of the country mid-December. Do I need to apply for a Visitor's visa for sure or is the PGWP enough to come back in? I've been told it depends on the officer and last time I applied for one they didn't even look at it so I'm wondering if it's really necessary. Thanks!

Joe Reigo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
Hello,

I have a question I'd appreciate to be sure of. I applied July 25th so I should get approved soon hopefully and I need to go out of the country mid-December. Do I need to apply for a Visitor's visa for sure or is the PGWP enough to come back in? I've been told it depends on the officer and last time I applied for one they didn't even look at it so I'm wondering if it's really necessary. Thanks!
If you do not have a visa, you will not be allowed for sure

Joe Reigo

Star Member
Oct 29, 2019
If it is urgent, apply for visa by uploading the ticket and details and u ll get the pgwp and visa approved together

Ravpreet32

Star Member
Sep 19, 2019
I have as student trv(sticker on the passport valid till dec 31, 2019) my pgwp got approved for 3 years, can i travel back to canada? Planning a short trip back home.