+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
What does the law say?
What the aplicant should do now?
reapply with an explanation letter and corrected date documents or call cic to reopen the file?
The visa officer gave him 30 days to update his status.
Anyone familiar with such situation?
Law says you have 180 days to apply for pgwp, he is past that now so I don't think he can apply.
He should call ircc and explain the issue and see if they agree to reopen the case.

It is important what the letter actually says, because what you are saying now is different from your first post.

Also its a very strange error by the school & him not to check the dates, is the school pgwp eligible for sure?

@aman se t g se

Oct 30, 2019
Hi guys
I applied my pgwp online aug 22
It was taking too much to process
So I decided to flagpole and i got my pgwp through flagpole. So i wanted to know is there any option we can withdraw online application and get refund?

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hi guys
I applied my pgwp online aug 22
It was taking too much to process
So I decided to flagpole and i got my pgwp through flagpole. So i wanted to know is there any option we can withdraw online application and get refund?
Refund depends on what stage the application is in, you generally only get refund if they haven't touched the application, so you should send a webform to cancel but you never know if there will be a refund. Also I believe border officer should have put in a cancellation of your online application.
Did you need TRV to flagpole?

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Law says you have 180 days to apply for pgwp, he is past that now so I don't think he can apply.
He should call ircc and explain the issue and see if they agree to reopen the case.

It is important what the letter actually says, because what you are saying now is different from your first post.

Also its a very strange error by the school & him not to check the dates, is the school pgwp eligible for sure?
I have asked him to show me his rejection letter.
He has been given 30 days by IRCC officer to fix this issue and reapply/update. Now he is confused whether he should update using the same account or open a new account and apply afresh. To me this is very very strange that a renowned college in Toronto can do such mistake in printing dates in transcript and degree completion letter.
He will call IRCC today. Already contacted college and I can hopefully update you all about it tomorrow morning.

Last edited:

@aman se t g se

Oct 30, 2019
Refund depends on what stage the application is in, you generally only get refund if they haven't touched the application, so you should send a webform to cancel but you never know if there will be a refund. Also I believe border officer should have put in a cancellation of your online application.
Did you need TRV to flagpole?
No i did not need any TRV for flagpole

Reactions: bongoman

kim hdez

Jul 16, 2012
Could someone please repost the link for the processing time spreadsheet where people log their approvals please on Google docs excel? I can't find it.

Thanks!