+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018
Oh wow, I mean, I know this is true, but I am not sure if I am that brave lol. Like, it is the kind of law that no 1 knows, what if the officer at the border tries to screw with me? :(
Flagpoling is legal !
Why are you worried ?

CBSA officers follow guidelines they won't screw with you !

jaydenpereira

Sep 23, 2019
I'm curious to know if I have an expired TRV and study permit can I still come back to Canada after visiting USA based on the implied status of applying for PGWP and that I'll be TRV exempt. (I can either fly back into Canada or use a bridge land crossing)
Based on this article: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/implied-status-extending-stay.html?fbclid=IwAR2-KNWoCpKVUQIV1OMr8_eXve7C1rkBYkjv9IF7bBVY73r8ax2SKyWjwfA

In this article, it says I can enter back as long as I'm in my approved stay period. Does implied count as my study permit is already expired.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=527&top=15

I'm confused as to what is approved stay as its deemed by the officer: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/visitors/visa-validity-expiry-dates.html

Lastly, If I don't have PGWP in hand as I'm out of the country and is mailed to me in Canada can I enter without having it?

Last edited:

Bobadun

Jan 26, 2019
Hey guys so I applied in May 30th and I got approved yesterday on September 23rd I had been paranoid seeing that people who applied June had started seeing theirs but I’m glad mine came through so for others who applied May and are still waiting for theirs have faith yours will come out too. Also does anyone know when I get the hard copy cause I need to apply for my TRV

Reactions: ErinB67

aliceeeee

Sep 24, 2019
Hey guys!! I just got my work permit approved! Applied on June 3rd, request for the official transcript on September 19th, uploaded on September 19th, approved on September 23rd! No review of eligibility, no email. Good luck guys!!

Reactions: ErinB67

zhenqiz

Star Member
Jun 16, 2016
Hey guys, thx for sharing the info so let me know what's the actual processing time for the ircc.

Just wondering if anyone applied on June 8th received any updates? I'm applying for Coop work permit but it's under the same category as PGWP. Appreciate your info

rudy_rudy

Jul 20, 2018
Hey guys, so I had an impression that normally it would take about a week to receive the physical copy of your work permit according to some people's posts. However, my application got approved on September 5th and I still haven't received my permit yet to my mailing address.. I'm just worried how long it's taking to get delivered. Is it normal to take this long? It's already been 2 weeks and a half of waiting so far. Any help would be much appreciated thanks!

Sudheer Kumar

Sep 18, 2019
I had applied on May 21st, still waiting to hear back from them. CIC agents are saying my file has gone to local office for some extra verification. I have my flight booked to leave the country in the 3rd week of October and will be back by Dec 1. I don't want to leave the country without my WP. Although, my TRV is valid based on my student status till Dec 31st. Will they allow me to come back to the country on my student visa.?

TIA guys.!
Did you called CIC. Whats the phone number?

Sudheer Kumar

Sep 18, 2019
Hi guys,

I applied on May 16, still no update. Called IRCC on sept 12th they told me that they they are going to send notification to immigration. I called again on sept 17th they told me that we already sent notification. I really worried whats going on. Please suggest me. Thanks.