+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ollimac

Jun 20, 2019
to the best of my knowledge (from people I've seen around me) you can't renew your SIN till you get your PGWP. You will be on implied status once your study permit expires (along with your SIN) so you should be good to work till you get your PGWP and can renew your SIN. Hope this helps, like I said, this is what I know from the number of people that have gone through the same process in the past.

I confirm. Applied May 21st, got, Study Permit and SIN expired on July 30th, so technically I am "implied status" (waiting for review), once pgwp I can renew my SIN. Currently working, but afraid my kids will not be able to start school if the pgwp decision takes so long.

Stormie

Star Member
Aug 8, 2019
I confirm. Applied May 21st, got, Study Permit and SIN expired on July 30th, so technically I am "implied status" (waiting for review), once pgwp I can renew my SIN. Currently working, but afraid my kids will not be able to start school if the pgwp decision takes so long.
Yhh. Hopefully we can get it this month, I'm really being optimistic and hopeful. I currently work but also starting a new job by the end of the month. Hoping to get the PGWP and SIN renewed before then. *fingers crossed*

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Yhh. Hopefully we can get it this month, I'm really being optimistic and hopeful. I currently work but also starting a new job by the end of the month. Hoping to get the PGWP and SIN renewed before then. *fingers crossed*
That’s what im expecting applied 16may no updates at all. hope we get it in this month.

Reactions: AriaFarsi

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Thank you for the information. I applied on June 7. I also applied for the temporary visitor extension of my kids which 2 of them goes to elementary school. I also concern I will have trouble with the school. As I remember we have to pay for the public school if we don't have any updates for our situation until school opens. I don't know... Such a stressful period that we have to think about and concern for several things :oops: