+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Hey guys, do you need to submit the scanned file of your study permit when you apply online? I didn't submit it as it does not show in my document checklist but a few people said that it is required. :confused:
You should send it via WebForm. While a valid study permit is no longer required to get PGWP with the new rules you are required to have some sort of valid status in Canada, so the missing sp might cause some confusion.

deepu6400

Aug 7, 2019
Hey guys I nees your help.. I applied for my workpermit on 3rd of may within canada and did online application but didnt hear anything after that. Any idea? I live in british columbia

Toks01

Jun 7, 2017
You should send it via WebForm. While a valid study permit is no longer required to get PGWP with the new rules you are required to have some sort of valid status in Canada, so the missing sp might cause some confusion.
I didn’t attach my study permit too because it’s not a requirement, I’m pretty sure an officer can verify that if need be and as such I don’t see it as necessary. I may be wrong, anyone with a first hand experience about this?

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019
I didn’t attach my study permit too because it’s not a requirement, I’m pretty sure an officer can verify that if need be and as such I don’t see it as necessary. I may be wrong, anyone with a first hand experience about this?
Yes, exactly with the UCI (Unique client identifier), they can see everything about you.

jaspersun0106

Jul 13, 2019
Are we gonna received a confirmed letter of PGWP and use it same as PGWP before the paper one mailed to our home? Because I need to lease a car ASAP, but now I need a landing paper permit. If so, when can I receive that letter?

thejaffa

Aug 7, 2019
Hey, I'm slightly confused about which option I need to select on the 'processing time' page for PGWP. Is it the 'work permit extension' option?

Also, is this time of the year super busy for the officers? May 2018, I see that people got their PGWP within 45 days after they applied. Based on what I'm reading in the posts now, most people haven't gotten their PGWP even though it's been over 90 days.

Nousernamesadface

May 15, 2019
Hey, I'm slightly confused about which option I need to select on the 'processing time' page for PGWP. Is it the 'work permit extension' option?

Also, is this time of the year super busy for the officers? May 2018, I see that people got their PGWP within 45 days after they applied. Based on what I'm reading in the posts now, most people haven't gotten their PGWP even though it's been over 90 days.
Yes that's the correct option.
I don't think there's a pattern.

cmalkocoglu

Jun 12, 2019
Hello,
Is it possible to apply visitor visa in canada while waiting for the pgwp processing?
Thank You

Last edited:

hanami

Jul 23, 2019
Hi guys, the processing time now is 98 days. I guess the long weekend has some effect on the processing time. Hope they can lower it down soon.