+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

devinelight

May 8, 2019
Uhh I'm soooo confused.
I even had my friend to read it for me as I might have understood it wrong.
I kept on reading this page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1309&top=15

They stated here that you should have a vaild visa or eTA in order to enter Canada. My eTA would be still valid by the time I come back, it's just my student visa that would expire before that timeframe.

Maybe I can't understand it clearly because my first language is not English but it seems like they didn't explain on how you could apply TRV in our case.
If your eta is not expired when you travel back to Canada then you have no problem at all. You just need to
Uhh I'm soooo confused.
I even had my friend to read it for me as I might have understood it wrong.
I kept on reading this page.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1309&top=15

They stated here that you should have a vaild visa or eTA in order to enter Canada. My eTA would be still valid by the time I come back, it's just my student visa that would expire before that timeframe.

Maybe I can't understand it clearly because my first language is not English but it seems like they didn't explain on how you could apply TRV in our case.
If your ETA is not expired when you return to Canada, then you should be ok. I am from a country that needs TRV. My initial study permit expired 2 weeks before I completed my study. So when I applied for extension for my study permit, the expiry date was 31/7, ie 90 days from the completion of my study (end April). And the TRV given also expired on the same date.

Since I am not sure what reason to give if I were to apply a TRV before work permit is approved, I will wait till the PGWP is approved then only I apply for TRV from my country.

I put in my application on 31/5. To play safe, I booked my return flight for early Oct to give ample time for the approval plus a new TRV.

Last edited:
Reactions: tinu28111987

rpk_08

May 31, 2018
Category........
Exactly, at the time of submission I didn’t have those (paystubs), now I could provide, but I cannot find where to upload.
Hi! We have the same situation. I submitted my spouse owp extension application together with my pgwp. Im stressed out about the result. I already have my 3 payslips now but i dint know how to add them to my submitted application. I am still waiting for the review.. it says on my account "submitted" may 13,2019.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Hi! We have the same situation. I submitted my spouse owp extension application together with my pgwp. Im stressed out about the result. I already have my 3 payslips now but i dint know how to add them to my submitted application. I am still waiting for the review.. it says on my account "submitted" may 13,2019.
Hi,
I have heard that people add additional documents through web form.
Also, can you please let me know what option did you select for your spouse open work permit extension?
Apply wp for new employer or apply wp for same employer?

Reactions: ollimac

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
If your eta is not expired when you travel back to Canada then you have no problem at all. You just need to

If your ETA is not expired when you return to Canada, then you should be ok. I am from a country that needs TRV. My initial study permit expired 2 weeks before I completed my study. So when I applied for extension for my study permit, the expiry date was 31/7, ie 90 days from the completion of my study (end April). And the TRV given also expired on the same date.

Since I am not sure what reason to give if I were to apply a TRV before work permit is approved, I will wait till the PGWP is approved then only I apply for TRV from my country.

I put in my application on 31/5. To play safe, I booked my return flight for early Oct to give amber time for the approval plus a new TRV.
Hi,
Can you please tell me why do we need TRV?
My PGWP is valid till April 2020 and I am supposed to travel to US next month.
Do I require TRV?

devinelight

May 8, 2019
Hi,
Can you please tell me why do we need TRV?
My PGWP is valid till April 2020 and I am supposed to travel to US next month.
Do I require TRV?
I am not sure about your situation and which country you are from. The country where I am from, I need a TRV, a visa sticker on my passport before I can enter Canada.

There's an exemption on traveling solely to USA where TRV is not required when return. I think someone has posted the information a few pages back. I only know my situation so sorry that I can't really help you.

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
I am not sure about your situation and which country you are from. The country where I am from, I need a TRV, a visa sticker on my passport before I can enter Canada.

There's an exemption on traveling solely to USA where TRV is not required when return. I think someone has posted the information a few pages back. I only know my situation so sorry that I can't really help you.
Thank you for responding.
I am from India but there is no plan for me to travel to India in near future.

Does anyone else have any idea on my case?
Thanks in advance.

rpk_08

May 31, 2018
Category........
Hi,
I have heard that people add additional documents through web form.
Also, can you please let me know what option did you select for your spouse open work permit extension?
Apply wp for new employer or apply wp for same employer?
Apply wp for new employer..

tinu28111987

Nov 1, 2017
Apply wp for new employer..
Hi,
Thanks for responding.
We have selected 'Apply for WP for same employer'
Will it cause any issue?

Below is my background.

1. Applied for my husband's SOWP (first time) in Oct-2018, It was approved in Nov-2018 and valid till 31-Jul-2019.
2. I received my PGWP in Jun-2019 and valid till Apr-2020
3. Applied for my husband's SOWP (extension) on 29-Jun as I received my 3rd paystub on 28-Jun.

rpk_08

May 31, 2018
Category........
Hi!

I dont have any idea with that either. I just read it in the previous applicants that they have chosen that criteria to renew sowp.