+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Nomnoms

Jun 27, 2019
Is your temporary resident visa still valid and will be valid beyond August 27th? If so you can leave without any worries and most likely they will let you enter as a visitor since you won't have received the permit in hand by then.

If not, you should apply for an extension of your TRV based on the fact that you have applied for a work permit. That's my understanding. Wait for expert's opinion.
My student visa also expires on the same date my study permit expires on.

Pretty much I won't be able to apply for an extension of my current TRV since I graduated so I guess I should apply for a visitor visa.

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it :)

devinelight

May 8, 2019
My student visa also expires on the same date my study permit expires on.

Pretty much I won't be able to apply for an extension of my current TRV since I graduated so I guess I should apply for a visitor visa.

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it :)
My expiry date of both student permit and visa is same as yours, 31/7. I am now back to my home country after I have submitted the PGWP application in Canada. I am also wondering if I could apply for a visitor TRV to reenter Canada while waiting for PGWP to be approved. Or I need to wait till the permit is approved then apply for TRV , only then I can reenter Canada.

simmae

May 27, 2019
My expiry date of both student permit and visa is same as yours, 31/7. I am now back to my home country after I have submitted the PGWP application in Canada. I am also wondering if I could apply for a visitor TRV to reenter Canada while waiting for PGWP to be approved. Or I need to wait till the permit is approved then apply for TRV , only then I can reenter Canada.
As I am traveling too I have make sure I receive my work permit. For trv I have to extend my time. As your case you should wait until you don't have everything with you.trv and work permit.

devinelight

May 8, 2019
As I am traveling too I have make sure I receive my work permit. For trv I have to extend my time. As your case you should wait until you don't have everything with you.trv and work permit.
So do you plan to apply for a TRV (visitor) in your home country to reenter Canada on 27 Aug in the event that the PGWP is yet to be approved by then?

Nomnoms

Jun 27, 2019
Wait, my take on work permit = TRV so the only reason I would have to apply for the visitor visa is under the situation where I haven't received my work permit by the time I come back to Canada (27 Aug).

I even checked the processing time of the visitor visa and it's said to take about 15 days if you're from Korea.

I even emailed the border agent & cic to make sure about this matter. Haven't heard anything back yet.

lucky1234

May 13, 2014

If you have a job offer in hand
Wait, my take on work permit = TRV so the only reason I would have to apply for the visitor visa is under the situation where I haven't received my work permit by the time I come back to Canada (27 Aug).

I even checked the processing time of the visitor visa and it's said to take about 15 days if you're from Korea.

I even emailed the border agent & cic to make sure about this matter. Haven't heard anything back yet.
your work permit does not equal TRV. TRV means a stamp on your passport. A permit alone is not a document that allows you re-entry to Canada unless you are just visiting the United States or Saint Pierre.

yay_321

Jun 15, 2019

your work permit does not equal TRV. TRV means a stamp on your passport. A permit alone is not a document that allows you re-entry to Canada unless you are just visiting the United States or Saint Pierre.
You know the procedure to apply for TRV once you get your physical work permit?

Nomnoms

Jun 27, 2019

So I have to apply for a visitor visa when re-entering Canada?

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
im just giving my friend example. he applied with just letter from college and got his approval. but can also ask for transcripts if they want to know if you were full time during your study period.
Thank you for your reply hkang. I send my transcript via web form 2 weeks after my application. I didn't receive any confirmation email yet.It is good to know your friends get it without any trouble