+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Nomnoms

Jun 27, 2019
I have a question for those who know about this matter. I applied to pgwp on 24 June. I'm going to go back home and come back on 27 August. I have no idea if I would get my work permit until then so I looked up regarding eligibility of traveling outside Canada while waiting. My student permit expires on 31 July so the confirmation letter and receipt are needed as a proof to re-enter Canada that I'm soon-to-be a legal worker. I'm not sure if I have to apply for visitor visa since you left Canada. Have any of you guys experienced this? If so, thank you for your time and kindness :)

Asli

Star Member
Jun 21, 2019
Hello everybody. I applied for a PGWP on June 7 from Ontario. I didn't put my transcript among my documents because it was just asking for letter of graduation. I also added my diploma though. I hope I won't get a refusal... Good luck to eveybody. Such a stressful period...

hkang12

May 7, 2019
Hello everybody. I applied for a PGWP on June 7 from Ontario. I didn't put my transcript among my documents because it was just asking for letter of graduation. I also added my diploma though. I hope I won't get a refusal... Good luck to eveybody. Such a stressful period...
im just giving my friend example. he applied with just letter from college and got his approval. but can also ask for transcripts if they want to know if you were full time during your study period.

Reactions: Asli

lucky1234

May 13, 2014
I have a question for those who know about this matter. I applied to pgwp on 24 June. I'm going to go back home and come back on 27 August. I have no idea if I would get my work permit until then so I looked up regarding eligibility of traveling outside Canada while waiting. My student permit expires on 31 July so the confirmation letter and receipt are needed as a proof to re-enter Canada that I'm soon-to-be a legal worker. I'm not sure if I have to apply for visitor visa since you left Canada. Have any of you guys experienced this? If so, thank you for your time and kindness :)

Is your temporary resident visa still valid and will be valid beyond August 27th? If so you can leave without any worries and most likely they will let you enter as a visitor since you won't have received the permit in hand by then.

If not, you should apply for an extension of your TRV based on the fact that you have applied for a work permit. That's my understanding. Wait for expert's opinion.