+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
DON'T SUBMIT your application WITHOUT a completion letter. Mine was REJECTED, they did not request anything from me. Do NOT take that chance, otherwise you'd have to wait for another THREE months, which is a waste of time, effort, money and maybe career opportunities.
Thanks! But the other person did attach the completion letter, but not the transcripts and has already submitted.

myra20sharma

Champion Member
Oct 5, 2018
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia
AOR Received.
30-05-2018
PGWP permit approved today \o/

Applied: 26/01/2019
Approved: 01/05/2019 (95 days)
Work Visa expires in: 30/04/2022 (3 years)
College: Okanagan College - BC

Documents Uploaded:

1. IMME 5710
2. IMME 5707 (family info)
3. Letter of Completion of program + Transcript - I merged these two docs.
4. Passport + Study permit scans - I merged these two docs.
5. Photo

Good luck to everybody! Your intentions are honest with the country, so it will work out at some point.
Congratulations!

Reactions: cassia123BC

Muche

Star Member
Dec 13, 2018
DON'T SUBMIT your application WITHOUT a completion letter. Mine was REJECTED, they did not request anything from me. Do NOT take that chance, otherwise you'd have to wait for another THREE months, which is a waste of time, effort, money and maybe career opportunities.
so did u submit another application,restoration

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
so did u submit another application,restoration
I didn't have to restore anything because I still had 14 days left on my study permit, when I reapplied. Plus, I applied on Feb 14th, with the new rules. So I was lucky.

Reactions: Muche

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
PGWP permit approved today \o/

Applied: 26/01/2019
Approved: 01/05/2019 (95 days)
Work Visa expires in: 30/04/2022 (3 years)
College: Okanagan College - BC

Documents Uploaded:

1. IMME 5710
2. IMME 5707 (family info)
3. Letter of Completion of program + Transcript - I merged these two docs.
4. Passport + Study permit scans - I merged these two docs.
5. Photo

Good luck to everybody! Your intentions are honest with the country, so it will work out at some point.
Congratulations first of all!
When you applied for yours, did the the upload option under Document name said "Completion of Studies Letter (required)". I though it says "Completion of Studies Letter (required)", so I only attached the Completion Letter and not transcripts. What should I do now?

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
Thanks! But the other person did attach the completion letter, but not the transcripts and has already submitted.
If applied before February 14th without a transcript, he/she's safe, if applied on or after Feb 14th without a transcript, it will get rejected - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program/eligibility.html

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
You mean two applications at a time or you withdrew the first one and then re-submitted new one?
the agent sent me the withdrawal form (same as web form) on twitter and asked me to withdraw. I withdrew my first application because I didn't attach my completion letter and submitted another after 4 days gap (with completion letter). Weirdly, my first application was approved and the second was cancelled because I didn't need the second one. I am getting a refund for that.

cassia123BC

Apr 29, 2019
Congratulations first of all!
When you applied for yours, did the the upload option under Document name said "Completion of Studies Letter (required)". I though it says "Completion of Studies Letter (required)", so I only attached the Completion Letter and not transcripts. What should I do now?
The appplication asked for the completion letter OR the transcript, but I put both anyways. If you go back a couple pages, you will find people that applied before February who submitted only the transcript or only the Completion letter and they were approved. The consultant at my college said they just want to see a document that says when you started studying and when you graduated. If you have questions, call Service Canada or talk to your university's international department before submitting new information - new info delays the processing time. Good luck!

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
The appplication asked for the completion letter OR the transcript, but I put both anyways. If you go back a couple pages, you will find people that applied before February who submitted only the transcript or only the Completion letter and they were approved. The consultant at my college said they just want to see a document that says when you started studying and when you graduated. If you have questions, call Service Canada or talk to your university's international department before submitting new information - new info delays the processing time. Good luck!
Thank you very much for your quick revert!

Reactions: cassia123BC

newgrad2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
the agent sent me the withdrawal form (same as web form) on twitter and asked me to withdraw. I withdrew my first application because I didn't attach my completion letter and submitted another after 4 days gap (with completion letter). Weirdly, my first application was approved and the second was cancelled because I didn't need the second one. I am getting a refund for that.
Did you also apply before Feb 14th?

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
me too i did the same, the first one was a paper application,the second was online. but up to now they didn't send me a confirmation to withdraw the first application, so i don't know what to do now any suggestion.
they will never send you anything until they get to your file. They never get back to you regarding the withdrawal process. I got a confirmation for the web form that a note has been attached to my file. but its really upto the officer to decide what to do with that note. for more information click on the link attached.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=741&top=23

as the link says "We’ll find out if you can withdraw your application and will contact you if we need more information"

The officer may decide to process your application even you have asked to withdraw it. I know its scary. But the note that goes to your application is written by you when you fill out the form. So, if you explain well you should be fine.

Reactions: Muche

confusedsoul86

Star Member
Aug 11, 2016
Vancouver BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
19-05-2021
Doc's Request.
Medical upfront
AOR Received.
19-05-2021
Okay, that's what everyone is saying. Thanks! And it's transcripts. Completion letter is already there. I'll do it right away.
You can also withdraw your application and send a new one with all documents. That is your call - I'm not sure which is better.