+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

hazzi

Apr 9, 2019
Applied Jan 22nd.

When do you think my PGWP will be approved?
I am currently in my homeland (outside of Canada) and I am going back on May 4th. So I get frustrated every day.

Last edited:

Rm93

Star Member
Feb 22, 2019
montreal
Applied Jan 22nd.

When do you think my PGWP will be approved?
I am currently in my homeland (outside of Canada) and I am going back on May 4th. So I get frustrated every day. Even I have to get my permit by mail from Canada to my homeland. (It usually takes 4-5 days.)
around 22 april
but to receive it by mail, i dunno because its international mail it may take 15 days

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1cm1J3JRWOM-sBXLcu09drPRQSyFkxtaeHVL9QW7PgAE/edit#gid=0

u can verify other applicants status here and please update yours

Reactions: hazzi and Muche

hazzi

Apr 9, 2019
around 22 april
but to receive it by mail, i dunno because its international mail it may take 15 days
Thanks for reply. I know the company that carries mail and courier from Canada to my homeland only. So It just takes less than a week like 4 or 5 days. It was helpful answer anyway!

Reactions: Rm93

intl_stu

Oct 4, 2017
I got mine too!!

Applied - 09 Jan
Review eligibility - 5 April
Approved 9 April for 3 years
Province - NS
Program- 2 years Graduate Program

Experience with the application process and a key point:

1. I didn't receive any notifications from cic about change in my application status, neither for reviewing or approval. You have to manually login to mycic portal to check your status.
2. Check validity of the visa stamp on your passport (TRV) and expiration date before travelling outside Canada. If it expires while you are outside Canada, even though you have a valid work permit, you will not be allowed to enter Canada without a valid visa stamp on your passport and applying from home country is a tedious process because they will ask for a full time job offer in Canada and bio-metrics being introduced as an additional step prolongs it further.

All the best!

Last edited: