+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

heena_1994

Star Member
Mar 24, 2019
They dont promise anyone visas or permits. And CIC has every right to delay the processing time, not that they do it on purpose.
I can only say you got me wrong, or I just wrote it in a bad way... Sorry. Thanks for the update. I'm saying visa or permit or whatever, before I come to Canada they promised us for it. ANd I have paid my fee so it can be reviewed. Besides, I just want my process to get faster and it doesn't mean that's my right. You seem to be angry from somewhere else I don't know why are you attacking me. Good luck.
Hi ..i wanna to ask .. you called them or not..if yes what they said.. i am going to call probably after work

rbector

Dec 1, 2018
Anyone who applied in January and waiting for approval .. i applied on jan 31st and still it is in process.. is this a good option to call them and ask them when we will get ours or not?
I applied on January 11th 2019. And it is still under process. I don't think as CIC processing time shows they are working on December applications.

Reactions: natzetgo

Anuja Kar

Feb 25, 2019
I would suggest you call them. You know why?
Because a lot of students are also spouses, they have other types of work permits, so they don't really need this PGWP. So, they don't rush. We should let them that we need this work permit and they are almost ruining our lives. If we stay quiet, they will make the process slower just like they did... So, contact them. Nothing will happen. But they will get aware that we really need this. I am doing the same thing today. And yes, it is a good option, call them, and fell the web form both. We should let them know that we have paid for our applications to be processed and we are not asking anything illegal. This is our right to ask them what is happening.
Did you call them ? What is the update ?

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
When I submitted the web form it says we will not get reply if our application is under the processing time given
Exactly, there is no point calling them or doing the web form until the 84 days timeline is over. If we gotta wait, we have to. Many of us are in implied status and we have acknowledgement copy from cic that our work visa is in process. That evidence is enough to show to the hiring company. Panic doesn't help. I don't think so anyone got their pgwp before 84 days. So we have to follow the processing time.

Reactions: prasuna94

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
I applied on January 11th 2019. And it is still under process. I don't think as CIC processing time shows they are working on December applications.
I think January applications will be started around 2nd week of April

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I think January applications will be started around 2nd week of April
They havent updated the processing time since 10th March. Theyre currently reviewing Dec 23-25th application right now as it seems from posts here, so Im guessing they will start January applications first week of April.

Reactions: natzetgo

natzetgo

Star Member
Nov 19, 2018
Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
They havent updated the processing time since 10th March. Theyre currently reviewing Dec 23-25th application right now as it seems from posts here, so Im guessing they will start January applications first week of April.
hope so, sooner the better :)

colorcczzy

Mar 26, 2019
Applied : Dec 28
Eligibility checked :March 26
Approved :March 26
School: SFU

I got my three year work permit approved today but my passport expires on 2021.12.18 so my work permit ends the same day...But I guess it won't matter just let you know lol.
Good luck everyone.

Reactions: Muche