+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I applied in Feb 2019, I know it might be early to contact them after 45 days and say hi please give me my work permit, but why I shouldn't? Then who should let them know that we need help and as staff, they must take care of our applications... Please call them, and also fill the web form.

Guys,
there 2 ways to contact:
1. Call them,
2. Fill the Web Form.

Please do both, even if you have not reached that 84 days.. Remember, companies might not trust us, because we don't have a valid work permit, we need that and the government and staff should know this. Please let them know politely.
So did u contact them?

Preet0013

Jan 21, 2019
Hiii, I applied on Jan 21 and didnt receive any update yet.i also have to apply for my husband's owp.i don't know what to do.my Visa is expiring on March 31

Extremee

Mar 19, 2019
Approved
Applied : Dec 23
Eligibility checked :March 22
Approved :March 25

Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
Can you also tell us which university?
Guys this is really later than 90 days! Please please contact IRCC through both web forms and also by calling them! Thanks!

Extremee

Mar 19, 2019
When I submitted the web form it says we will not get reply if our application is under the processing time given
That's Ok. With this, we let them know that we need this. Besides, ask them a question, say I need it to get a job what should I do? Make them to respond. Don't stay quiet. Call them.

sandhu_heera_preet

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
I would suggest you call them. You know why?
Because a lot of students are also spouses, they have other types of work permits, so they don't really need this PGWP. So, they don't rush. We should let them that we need this work permit and they are almost ruining our lives. If we stay quiet, they will make the process slower just like they did... So, contact them. Nothing will happen. But they will get aware that we really need this. I am doing the same thing today. And yes, it is a good option, call them, and fell the web form both. We should let them know that we have paid for our applications to be processed and we are not asking anything illegal. This is our right to ask them what is happening.
You cannot say this that spouses don’t need visas early. My was was living here on implied status from last 2.5 months and she was so worried about that. All work permits comes under one category. And keep in mind Visa or permit is not our right even we are eligible for that.
By the way my wife was approved today
Applied 22 Dec
Review 22 Mar
Approved 25 Mar
Catagory spouse of skilled worker open work permit

Reactions: natzetgo

Extremee

Mar 19, 2019
You cannot say this that spouses don’t need visas early. My was was living here on implied status from last 2.5 months and she was so worried about that. All work permits comes under one category. And keep in mind Visa or permit is not our right even we are eligible for that.
By the way my wife was approved today
Applied 22 Dec
Review 22 Mar
Approved 25 Mar
Catagory spouse of skilled worker open work permit
I can only say you got me wrong, or I just wrote it in a bad way... Sorry. Thanks for the update. I'm saying visa or permit or whatever, before I come to Canada they promised us for it. ANd I have paid my fee so it can be reviewed. Besides, I just want my process to get faster and it doesn't mean that's my right. You seem to be angry from somewhere else I don't know why are you attacking me. Good luck.

Last edited:

reason984flood

Star Member
Jun 21, 2016
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Med's Request
Not required
Med's Done....
Not required
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
I can only say you got me wrong, or I just wrote it in a bad way... Sorry. Thanks for the update. I'm saying visa or permit or whatever, before I come to Canada they promised us for it. ANd I have paid my fee so it can be reviewed. Besides, I just want my process to get faster and it doesn't mean that's my right. You seem to be angry from somewhere else I don't know why are you attacking me. Good luck.
They dont promise anyone visas or permits. And CIC has every right to delay the processing time, not that they do it on purpose.

Reactions: natzetgo