+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Robin1812

Feb 11, 2019
hey Guys,
Does anybody knows why CIC didn't update the processing time since January 27? Although the website reads updated weekly.

Irish3450

Feb 12, 2019
I just got mine. Applied Nov 23. Go into your account to check, I didn't get an email but it shows as approved on the website with the date and everything.

My TRV is still valid, do I need to get a new one?
Hi, yeh I just checked and mine has been approved too. Thanks! I don't know anything about TRVs so I'm afraid I can't help you out with that. I just applied after I finished my studies so only had a study permit before.

Ella77

Feb 12, 2019
Hi, yeh I just checked and mine has been approved too. Thanks! I don't know anything about TRVs so I'm afraid I can't help you out with that. I just applied after I finished my studies so only had a study permit before.
Maybe you're from a visa exempt country. I had two documents for my study permit: the permit (gets stapled on) and a visa (gets printed on the passport itself) I don't think I need to renew the visa yet but I will check with CBSA/IRCC

sam06

Aug 7, 2017
hey guys. Is it possible to travel to US for conference if we are waiting for PGWP and the study permit is still valid and then come back to canada as waiting time is too long??

lumos5133

Dec 30, 2018
Submitted on March 1, so far no update.
It's a bit taunting since I have a job offer pending... HR is waiting for this work permit to "finalize paperworks".
:-(
Hello, I'm in a similar situation. I know that once you've applied online for pgwp, you get an implied status and are immediately eligible to work. My question was, do they provide any email confirmation or letter that I can give to the HR to prove the implied eligibility?

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Hello, I'm in a similar situation. I know that once you've applied online for pgwp, you get an implied status and are immediately eligible to work. My question was, do they provide any email confirmation or letter that I can give to the HR to prove the implied eligibility?
I tried to talk sense into my HR, but they didn’t care much about implied status. All they wanted is the cold hard copy of the actual work permit. I think it’s reasonable since they don’t want to hire someone to fill a permanent job whose status is still pending. I remembered once I received the PGWP, all the paperworks were completed in like 3 days, and I started the following Monday.

balonitra

Jan 11, 2015
I just got mine. Applied Nov 23. Go into your account to check, I didn't get an email but it shows as approved on the website with the date and everything.

My TRV is still valid, do I need to get a new one?
Congrat. Thanks for the update