+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

balonitra

Jan 11, 2015
Hi, yeh I just checked and mine has been approved too. Thanks! I don't know anything about TRVs so I'm afraid I can't help you out with that. I just applied after I finished my studies so only had a study permit before.
Congrats. thanks for the update

karki

Feb 11, 2016
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Winnepig
NOC Code......
4012 and 6311
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08-02-2019
Application Made on Nov 23
Approved Feb 14

readysetgo

Star Member
Feb 9, 2019

sangennar

Feb 16, 2019
Hello my name is Fabio, I am italian and a new member in here.
Of course like most of you guys, I aim to obtain the PR for this reason I would like to ask you something about a study permit.
If I enroll for a 1 year study program with let's say 10 exams, but I need to extend my study permit for another year, because Ive just completed 5 exams, basically how many years of PGWP I will get at the end? 1 or 3?
Thank you

P.S. can I obtaine a study permit if I study full time on-line course?

Last edited:

balonitra

Jan 11, 2015
Hello my name is Fabio, I am italian and a new member in here.
Of course like most of you guys, I aim to obtain the PR for this reason I would like to ask you something about a study permit.
If I enroll for a 1 year study program with let's say 10 exams, but I need to extend my study permit for another year, because Ive just completed 5 exams, basically how many years of PGWP I will get at the end? 1 or 3?
Thank you

P.S. can I obtaine a study permit if I study full time on-line course?
Hello Fabio,
The number of exams you have passed has nothing to do with the duration of PGWP you will earn. Bear in mind that, for getting PGWP, you need to pass some certain criteria:
-Study in full time,
-Study in " designated learning institutions" that support PGWP ( find the list by googling it),
- and some other criteria that I'm sure you can find online,

About the length of PGWP, I guess there is no clear answer. My own understanding is, they might go for the original length of program you enrolled in, not the number of years you've spent on it. Again, this is my understanding, and I shared it with you as no one else does!
Good luck

The P.S question!: No you cant. You need to study full time. The online courses do not consider fulltime.