+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Rajesh2018

Aug 8, 2018
Did anyone that applied with a spouse receive their pgwp? My application is now 78 days and i just received a job offer for which they demand my work permit. Can i just go to the border? This is a dream job
I applied July 13th for PGWP and for my wife open work permit. I regularly check the account; it’s still under processing. Please share if there is an update.

Reactions: Seiyanna

Rajesh2018

Aug 8, 2018
I applied July 4, still waiting (67days).
I tried to get OWP on the border July 17, but the officer said that since I have already applied online, there is no reason for him to give me OWP and I need to wait. He even wrote on my WP, that I'm on implied status. I tried to explain that no one will hire me with implied status, but this argument did not work.
I tried doing flagpole(border)on July 3rd, officer refused my application because I had a semester off during my masters program. However, I have an authorization letter from professor and university accepting my leave. CBP officer asked me to apply online as they don’t work for the CIC. Is it normal?

I applied online on July 13th it’s still under processing.

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
I've applied on June 24th and still no update. I called them several times but they are telling me to wait.

I have already lost one job offer due to this, I have another one and don't know what will happen

Reactions: Joselyn

Iza1504

Aug 14, 2018
Did anyone that applied with a spouse receive their pgwp? My application is now 78 days and i just received a job offer for which they demand my work permit. Can i just go to the border? This is a dream job
I've applied on June 24 and also no updates. Good luck!

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
I tried doing flagpole(border)on July 3rd, officer refused my application because I had a semester off during my masters program. However, I have an authorization letter from professor and university accepting my leave. CBP officer asked me to apply online as they don’t work for the CIC. Is it normal?

I applied online on July 13th it’s still under processing.
You can only take scheduled breaks, no other breaks even authorized by school.

Joselyn

Sep 5, 2018
Did you apply with a spouse? My application was submitted june 15th. I called them today, no concrete info about reason for delays, the agent only said they will send a reminder to processing officer
At least you had someone that picked up the phone...how did you call? Can you give me the steps to dial please?

Joselyn

Sep 5, 2018
Hi guys, I applied for PGWP on June 16 with a spouse and also no answer yet
Hi I applied on June 9 with my children and nothing yet!!! I can't plan ahead without my PGWP and my employers need it. Its so hard to find a job and I don't want to lose it.

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi I applied on June 9 with my children and nothing yet!!! I can't plan ahead without my PGWP and my employers need it. Its so hard to find a job and I don't want to lose it.
Are you employed already? Employers only technically need evidence that you have applied by law.

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
At least you had someone that picked up the phone...how did you call? Can you give me the steps to dial please?
When they tell you that they are unable to transfer you to an agent. Hang up and call again. I followed this step for at least 5 times before i was placed on a queue. This was the second time calling them. Thet really do not give any relevant information other than the application is been processed and that they will send a reminder. For anyone that has not applied, if your spouse still have ample time on their permit, apply alone before submitting for your spouse. I just spoke to a friend that did that in January , got his pgwp and he applied for PR immediately..

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Are you employed already? Employers only technically need evidence that you have applied by law.
Yes, if you are already employed, but asking a new employer to employ you on implied status seems like asking for too much, though it’s possible but it is better to just present your work permit rather than explaining stories. The way it seems now one has to be patient and hope that the new employer understands immigration rules and expect a miracle.

Lena32

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
London, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Applied on May 17 - WP (with spouse PGWP, and kid SP)
June 29 - PGWP/SP approved, my WP - refused

Reapplied on June 4 (WP)
Eligibility review: September 5 (evening)
Approved: September 6

Good luck to all))

Osamede

Aug 29, 2018
Applied on May 17 - WP (with spouse PGWP, and kid SP)
June 29 - PGWP/SP approved, my WP - refused

Reapplied on June 4 (WP)
Eligibility review: September 5 (evening)
Approved: September 6

Good luck to all))
Congrats!! Can you pls share why your initial application was refused? Did d you apply with your family again.

Lena32

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
London, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Congrats!! Can you pls share why your initial application was refused? Did d you apply with your family again.
Thanks!

Reason: my spouse job offer was without duties. So in the refusal letter officer wrote that I can reapply if I will add the letter from employer with same info + duties.
I applied by myself.