+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

vb1807

Jul 4, 2018
Hay guys, I got my work permit approval email today ..march 30th.
I studied 1 year graduate certificate and a normal trade certificate(i extended my study permit for this) and got the permit for 3 years.
My name was given twice on work permit(like steyn smith steyn smith) as i have given the name again on the last name, because i don't have a last name on passport.Do u guys know how to change name on it?Hope it won't create any problems in future
I took a 3 months break between courses and did not worked on sin.
Thank u all :)
Hi,
congrats!!
What was the total duration of study including the trade certificate?

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
PGWP Applied May 12th.
PGWP Approved June 26th.
Physical copy received in Ontario address July 3.
Depending on where you live, the delivery time can differ. The processing office for PGWP is located in Alberta. So the further your province is away from Alberta, the longer time you might experiencing.

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
Fml, I just called CIC about the mailing of my PGWP. I had mistakenly put 6A in the unit instead of just A as the street address had that already. Eg. my PGWP letter said 6A, 6 ABC Street. Instead it should've been 6A ABC Street only. The mailing address is of my friend in NL who would've collected on my behalf, I live in Toronto but had to shift to a new place on 1st July so gave his address. Now I am in such a jeopardy because my study permit expires on 30th July & I dunno how long it would take to either send it to that address or return it to CIC. I don't want to quit my job if I don't get my PGWP before that smh. FML indeed

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
Approved on
Fml, I just called CIC about the mailing of my PGWP. I had mistakenly put 6A in the unit instead of just A as the street address had that already. Eg. my PGWP letter said 6A, 6 ABC Street. Instead it should've been 6A ABC Street only. The mailing address is of my friend in NL who would've collected on my behalf, I live in Toronto but had to shift to a new place on 1st July so gave his address. Now I am in such a jeopardy because my study permit expires on 30th July & I dunno how long it would take to either send it to that address or return it to CIC. I don't want to quit my job if I don't get my PGWP before that smh. FML indeed
Approved on 29 th June....got a physical copy today (July 5th)....applying for TRV tommorow

Reactions: max_payne

olivaresa87

Jul 4, 2018
Hello everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update in case anyone is perhaps in the same situation as me. I mistakenly forgot to enter the document number of my study permit after submitting my application yesterday. I spoke with an agent from IRCC today and they confirmed that this wouldn’t be an issue.

According to the CIC updates I should expect a wait time of 51 days. I was only asked to submit my formal letter (senate letter), passport copy, a digital photo, along with the application. I’m seeing in previous posts that some people included their transcripts as well. Anyone else successfully get their PGWP with the same documents I submitted?

Also, will CIC allow you to upload and submit your application if it wasn’t validated?

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
Hello everyone. Just wanted to give a quick update in case anyone is perhaps in the same situation as me. I mistakenly forgot to enter the document number of my study permit after submitting my application yesterday. I spoke with an agent from IRCC today and they confirmed that this wouldn’t be an issue.

According to the CIC updates I should expect a wait time of 51 days. I was only asked to submit my formal letter (senate letter), passport copy, a digital photo, along with the application. I’m seeing in previous posts that some people included their transcripts as well. Anyone else successfully get their PGWP with the same documents I submitted?

Also, will CIC allow you to upload and submit your application if it wasn’t validated?
It’s all depend on the Officer processing...Although only of the document is required...but i have seen many cases refused due to submitting only one

Reactions: olivaresa87

bbacm

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Applied: May 12th
Update for review: June 26th
Final decision: June 27th - APPROVED!
- No email yet. It’s just on the summary box.

Hang in there! When I applied, the processing time was shorter and I did expect a decision on June 26th. Good luck everyone. I will update when I receive my permit.
Hi everyone - just giving an update.
My study permit arrived today. I’m in Winnipeg, Manitoba so you guys speculate how long that took. I knew the long weekend was gonna push it back. Good luck to everyone still waiting! Hang in there.

Evan0000

Jul 5, 2018
Hi, everyone!
I had a big issue, just received a message from cic, they did approve my work permit; however, it is only 8 months. But I did finish two years MBA program. By the way, May 16th application. Is anyone having some issue. Thanks a lot!

Evan0000

Jul 5, 2018
Hi, everyone!
I had a big issue, just received a message from cic, they did approve my work permit; however, it is only 8 months. But I did finish two years MBA program. By the way, May 16th application. Is anyone having some issue. Thanks a lot!
Does anyone know what should I do right now?