+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Hey, I never actually did it. I just asked my old roommates to watch out for it and receive it for me. I just told my old roommate that I got my approval today. She was a May 5th applicant, and she said she got hers in 2-3 days. So I’m expecting her to text me when it has arrived soon.
We were all international students so they knew the struggle.

Good luck though. Sorry I wish I could’ve given you a straight answer. But try to check in on your old place once you have your approval? Talk to the current tenants and tell them your situation.
Thank you for the kind reply. Mine PGWP application is approved yesterday. I am not sure how long it take from alberta to ontario(I live in Toronto). Which province you are in? Thank you~

Jun 27, 2018
Hi guys

Yersterday I tried Calling CIC why my file was under review statues for than 3 day?

Waiting to get approval applicat 11 May

Last edited:

Lena32

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
London, Ontario
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Appiled : May 17
PGWP 3 year, SP for the kid - APPROVED today June 28
WP for a spouse - refuse. There are no duties in the offer from the employer (our mistake, we did not notice that this is the basic information for determining NOC). Refusal letter contains information that I can re-apply with the letter from employer.
I will extend a visitor status, and apply again for WP with the letter from employer.

Ha97

Jun 10, 2018
Applied on 30th April
Approved on 27th June
Confirmation on 28th June

How long it takes them to mail the letter? It says upto 6 weeks on CIC
Congrtazz bro...Its been a long wait for you..LOL...letter depends on your Province...which province you live in?

hbcantonio

Jun 29, 2018
Hey guys, just thought I'd share my info as well:

Applied: May 11th, 2018.
Submission confirmation: May 12th, 2018.
Approved: June 27th, 2018 -- sometime in the afternoon.

The application was updated hours before I got any kind of email notification.

Best of luck to you guys!

@edit
permit duration: 3 years
And they also included an eTA on my application

hbcantonio

Jun 29, 2018
Did you apply for an eTA and how do you know you got one? I submitted the application for a TRV but I have no idea if I got it or if I have to re apply
Hey so my original plan was to apply for the TRV, which I was planning on doing after I got the permit.

I did not apply for the eTA, but they sent me one either way (I guess they know my visa is about to expire soon). They communicated it to me on the final letter/pdf they send you on your application. It explicitly mentions I got an eTA associated with my passport as well as conditions of travel, where it's accepted, what I can do with it etc etc.

For some reason the eTA only works via air, so if I want to leave/re-enter through land/water I need a new TRV.

@edit

I should mention I did all of this from within Canada. I read somewhere on the CIC website that they do issue TRVs if your application is made from abroad, but from within Canada you have to apply for a TRV separately. If you're accepted here with an eTA they might send you one and let you know.