+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

student413

Oct 19, 2017
Do I need to also apply for Temporary Resident Visa extension or does my work permit comes with it? Anyone with a clue?

waitpatiently

Jun 26, 2018
Received document: May 11
Status updated: June 25.
approved today: June 26.
not get confirmed email yet.

Honestly, the processing speed for my application beyond my expectation. I didn't know it's so fast.

I viewed some replies posted last year. Most of the people submitted on May 11 were approved around July 11.

By the way, I also know some people submitted on April 30 are still waiting.

Be patient.

Reactions: Lena32

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Application submitted on May 12th.
approved today: June 26th.

It shows as work permit start with capital letter U. Just wanna confirm with guys who received PGWP if it is what you see in your account.

Also, what is the confirmed Email you guys are talking about?

Thank you!

Rhezie

Star Member
May 24, 2017

It shows as work permit start with capital letter U. Just wanna confirm with guys who received PGWP if it is what you see in your account.

Thank you!
Yeah same... U for the document number

anuphat206

Jun 9, 2018

Thank you!
I mean the updated status email as I asked my friend that she also got email to updated status.

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Thank you for all the answers. I changed my address after submitting pgwp application. I put a Toronto Address on my application and I need someone to get the work permit paper for me. I am wondering approximately how long will it take for mailing from CIC processing office vegreville Alberta to Toronto?

Thank you!

Jun 27, 2018
Hi guys

Applied : 11 May 2018
Update for review : 26 June 2018

Waiting for approval to come while some people in this forum already got that

Reactions: ogi

bbacm

Jun 9, 2017
Hi everyone,

Applied: May 12th
Update for review: June 26th
Final decision: June 27th - APPROVED!
- No email yet. It’s just on the summary box.

Hang in there! When I applied, the processing time was shorter and I did expect a decision on June 26th. Good luck everyone. I will update when I receive my permit.

Reactions: Rocky43 and ogi

Anujithvs

Star Member
Dec 23, 2015
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi everyone,

Hang in there! When I applied, the processing time was shorter and I did expect a decision on June 26th. Good luck everyone. I will update when I receive my permit.
congrats

wfzfreedom18

May 28, 2018
Hi everyone,

Congrats bro! Mine application is accepted yesterday too. I am wondering did u end up changing your address waiting for approval. I am in the same boat. I changed my address while awaiting for decisions. I am concerned I might lost the physical copy since it is sent to my old mailbox which no longer belong to me. Do you have any advice? Thank you!

bbacm

Jun 9, 2017
Congrats bro! Mine application is accepted yesterday too. I am wondering did u end up changing your address waiting for approval. I am in the same boat. I changed my address while awaiting for decisions. I am concerned I might lost the physical copy since it is sent to my old mailbox which no longer belong to me. Do you have any advice? Thank you!
Hey, I never actually did it. I just asked my old roommates to watch out for it and receive it for me. I just told my old roommate that I got my approval today. She was a May 5th applicant, and she said she got hers in 2-3 days. So I’m expecting her to text me when it has arrived soon.
We were all international students so they knew the struggle.

Good luck though. Sorry I wish I could’ve given you a straight answer. But try to check in on your old place once you have your approval? Talk to the current tenants and tell them your situation.