+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

nayanab06

Sep 10, 2016
I applied on April 19th and I am still waiting with no change on my profile and I have crossed processing time duration. I tried call them yesterday (June 6th), they said processing time is more of an average number and they are in process of processing all the applications!
I have couple of my friends who applied after me and have received confirmation, which is weird.

Still waiting !!!

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
What is wrong with these people, why are they taking it so long, still no update on the CIC website, still stuck on 9th April applications. This is frustrating now.

nayanab06

Sep 10, 2016
Some of us are waiting for our work permit, to apply for spouse's open work permit , which is deemed to lapse soon. They are so slow with their application processing and it is frustrating to see some of my friends get their permit earlier than mine , eventhough I applied 2 weeks before them in comparison !!!!

Reactions: max_payne

max_payne

Apr 28, 2018
Toronto
May applicants are receiving their PGWPs. You should definitely call IRCC
But how come people who applied after me already got it approved like the one here who applied on May 2nd while I applied on 30th April. I had submitted completion letter from the University along with my transcripts, also attached a letter of explanation & showed my funding. But if I call now would they entertain? As on the CIC it still says working on applications from 9th April & they usually don't entertain calls till your date is passed. What's the number again and what numbers I need to dial on the keypad after I have called on that number to speak to the customer care?