+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

A_Smile

Mar 17, 2017
Guys, it finally got approved this afternoon! I checked around 3 pm and there was no update, then I checked around 5pm, and saw the updated approval! Good luck to everybody!

Reactions: hussainkestrel

SAURABH.S

Apr 19, 2017
Hi Team,

My name is saurabh and I got acceptance from university of windsor and university of ottawa for fall 17(M.Eng electrical and computer engineering) I have a doubt regarding the post grad work permit
In the windsor the lenght of the program is 16 month but can be compelted in 12 months
In the ottawa the progam duration is showing as 12 months on website but can be completed even after 12 months

Please guide the post grad study permit will be 1 year or 2 or 3 years after completing the course.
Kindly guide.

Thank you,
Saurabh

kizumono23

Feb 20, 2017
Guys, before you saw your application approved, did you received an email that there is update? Up to now, I only received one says that I have no update.

A_Smile

Mar 17, 2017
kizumono23 said:
It is already more than 42days but I still have no news. Really worrying...
I think the long weekend got the applications delayed, but won't for long. A few more days.

Apr 24, 2017
(I created an account just so I could reply to this)

Hearing that people who applied in early March already got their permits is a relief! The CIC's processing times page says they're still working on applications from February 26th, which had me very worried as my job offer isn't gonna wait forever.

I applied on March 18th, and got my no update email 8 days ago. Anybody who applied around the same time had any luck so far?

Chseee

Mar 16, 2017
Im getting super worried. I applied on March 15 (42 days ago) and I have received absolutely no update email. Nothing at all. The only email I received was on March 15th saying that my application had been submitted.

Anybody else that didnt receive an update after that long?

Apr 24, 2017
Chseee said:
Im getting super worried. I applied on March 15 (42 days ago) and I have received absolutely no update email. Nothing at all. The only email I received was on March 15th saying that my application had been submitted.

Anybody else that didnt receive an update after that long?
My friend had that same problem. It turns out that you only receive the email if you have "I would like to receive monthly updates about my application" checked out in your CIC account. You get that e-mail every 30 days or so, and it's an automatic thing, so even if you don't get the email it has no relation to whether or not you'll get approved!

Chseee

Mar 16, 2017
EddyPeppermint said:
My friend had that same problem. It turns out that you only receive the email if you have "I would like to receive monthly updates about my application" checked out in your CIC account. You get that e-mail every 30 days or so, and it's an automatic thing, so even if you don't get the email it has no relation to whether or not you'll get approved!
Thank you for pointing that out! Indeed I went right after sending that message yesterday to my account, and checked the box. I got a "no update" email right after checking it.

I checked my account today again and saw that my PGWP had been approved! Yayy! I still havent received a message though, I just saw it in the updates showing my applications Final Decision.

So for my timeline:

Applied : March 15
No Update email: April 27
Application Approved: April 28.

Total waiting days: 44 days

Still waiting on the approval email/message.

However, I applied for my PGWP outside canada. I am wondering what to do now about the TRV application, hopefully they mention that in my letter because my TRV is expired now.

Reactions: HemaGowda
Apr 24, 2017
That's pretty good to hear Chseee!

Just one question, if you haven't received the message yet where did you check for the approval? Was it on the "final decision" section of the application details?

TB7

Aug 15, 2016
Hi,
I am new in the forum and I have an issue. There is a two years difference between my fisrt Diploma and my second diploma. Do you guys think I will be granted a 3 years PGWP? :'( :(
Thanks

Chseee

Mar 16, 2017
EddyPeppermint said:
That's pretty good to hear Chseee!

Just one question, if you haven't received the message yet where did you check for the approval? Was it on the "final decision" section of the application details?
Yes! Received the email/message on my account a few hours later.

Apr 24, 2017
Got my answer today. Sadly I got rejected :(

Total wait time was 46 days, as advertised on the website.

I'm gonna try to apply again by flagpoling. Any tips?