+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Chseee

Mar 16, 2017
EddyPeppermint said:
Got my answer today. Sadly I got rejected :(

Total wait time was 46 days, as advertised on the website.

I'm gonna try to apply again by flagpoling. Any tips?
I'm sorry to hear that :(

What was the reason for rejection though?

mvempr

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Sydney,NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
October 14th 2016
Doc's Request.
Feb 8 2017
Nomination.....
Sept 29th 2016
AOR Received.
Jan 10th 2016
Med's Request
December 19th
Med's Done....
March 13th
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
May 15th
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
any one got update who applied after March 20th

J_Z

Feb 12, 2017
I applied on March 28th and no update so far.
So anyone applied before March 20th, got the permit?

sumanthyj

Star Member
Dec 4, 2015
Hi,

My friend applied for PGWP on May 4,2017. I have been following this thread for a while now. SO going with the timelines it looks 2 or more months right. We need to go back home for a couple of months so is it even remotely possible to get it by end of June?

SUMIT1075

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2015
File Transfer...
23/06/2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2015
LANDED..........
soon
Applied on May 1 PGWP waiting for decision

excitedme

Apr 15, 2015
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
02-02-2018
applied apr 28. patiently waiting :)

Last edited:

SUMIT1075

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2015
File Transfer...
23/06/2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2015
LANDED..........
soon
Applied on 22nd may and Got it in 15 minutes at the Border ; )
Are you from visa exampt county?
Because I tried to do the same thing and i called CIC they said to me that flag polling is only for visa exampt countries and than I applied online on 1 may but need permit asap

WaseemWasii

Mar 20, 2013
Are you from visa exampt county?
Because I tried to do the same thing and i called CIC they said to me that flag polling is only for visa exampt countries and than I applied online on 1 may but need permit asap
Yes that's true Flagpoling is only for Visa Exempt Countries but there are exceptions too with that. if you read the exceptions you can find if you are eligible or not.
Here are they.

(1) Subject to subsection (2), a foreign national may apply for a work permit when entering Canada if the foreign national is exempt under Division 5 of Part 9 from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa.
IRPR r. 190 sets out who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada. Importantly, IRPR r. 193(3)(f) provides that:

A foreign national is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if they are seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely

(f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they

(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and

(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it.

So if you hold a study permit and you want to apply for PGWP you can do it.

SUMIT1075

Star Member
May 11, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22/06/2015
File Transfer...
23/06/2015
Med's Request
upfront
VISA ISSUED...
30/06/2015
LANDED..........
soon

ageg95

Star Member
May 17, 2017
Yes that's true Flagpoling is only for Visa Exempt Countries but there are exceptions too with that. if you read the exceptions you can find if you are eligible or not.
Here are they.

(1) Subject to subsection (2), a foreign national may apply for a work permit when entering Canada if the foreign national is exempt under Division 5 of Part 9 from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa.
IRPR r. 190 sets out who is exempt from the requirement to obtain a Temporary Resident Visa before entering Canada. Importantly, IRPR r. 193(3)(f) provides that:

A foreign national is exempt from the requirement to obtain a temporary resident visa if they are seeking to enter and remain in Canada solely

(f) to re-enter Canada following a visit solely to the United States or St. Pierre and Miquelon, if they

(i) held a study permit or a work permit that was issued before they left Canada on such a visit or were authorized to enter and remain in Canada as a temporary resident, and

(ii) return to Canada by the end of the period initially authorized for their stay or any extension to it.

So if you hold a study permit and you want to apply for PGWP you can do it.
So if I go the US and back I can get the PGWP at the airport? o_O