+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

kizumono23

Feb 20, 2017
Hmstr said:
Haha guys.
My application is approved. I applied on March 1. So 41 days seems accurate.
(It was updated shortly after my previous post.)

I didn't receive any email notification. It so far only showed "updated" on the cic page.

Good luck! We know IRCC started processing the March applications now!
Cong! It's good to know that! I guess I have to get mine after the long (really!) weekend.

A_Smile

Mar 17, 2017
yquadros said:
A_Smile,

Are you completing 41 days today ? I applied March 03 and you ?
Yeah, it's actually my boyfriend's. We are still waiting, he applied on March 3rd, 41 days in total now. Any news from ur end?

yquadros

Apr 11, 2017
Yeah, it's actually my boyfriend's. We are still waiting, he applied on March 3rd, 41 days in total now. Any news from ur end?

Still waiting.

CanadianBacon8

Mar 24, 2017
yquadros said:
Permits just approved....41 days exactly

Good luck to everyone waiting !!!
I am about to finish my studies next week. That is when my final exams are done. Can I apply right away? what are the requirements? any body applying from Saskatchewan? I heard we do not need work experience to apply for their provincial nominee if you graduated there. After PGWP you can apply for their provincial nominee right away. anybody applied through this? thanks

A_Smile

Mar 17, 2017
CanadianBacon8 said:
I am about to finish my studies next week. That is when my final exams are done. Can I apply right away? what are the requirements? anybody applying from Saskatchewan? I heard we do not need work experience to apply for their provincial nominee if you graduated there. After PGWP you can apply for their provincial nominee right away. anybody applied through this? thanks
Hi, I am in Ontario so I am not sure about the requirements in Saskatchewan. Check CIC website, I think you can find information you need there.

A_Smile

Mar 17, 2017
Guess we won't hear from CIC until Tuesday because of the long weekend, the office is closed today and next Monday. Hopefully, good news would come next Tuesday. Good luck everyone!

Kaur23

Apr 16, 2017
I am doing my second course in Canada. I have completed my first one year course in august 2016. I don't want to complete my second course and want to get my work permit. Is it possible? I have applied my husband's open work permit on behalf of my second course. Can it affect his stay as well? Waiting for response. Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Kaur23 said:
I am doing my second course in Canada. I have completed my first one year course in august 2016. I don't want to complete my second course and want to get my work permit. Is it possible? I have applied my husband's open work permit on behalf of my second course. Can it affect his stay as well? Waiting for response. Thanks.
It's too late to apply for a PGWP based on your first program. To qualify, you would have had to have applied within 90 days of finishing your first program. If you want to qualify for a PGWP, you'll need to finish your second program and then apply.