+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Called ircc today and they said my application has been approved , just waiting for online confirmation.
Here is my timeline
Pgwp( select open work permit ) applied on Jan 12
Good luck everyone ✌
Shiva did you receive in Canada approval letter now?

Flaky30

Apr 13, 2022
Keep checking your portal; mine was updated last Saturday with any changes on our applications, on Monday we saw them approved and yesterday we received the letter. So far I have not received any email notifying any of this things.
Ok thank you

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I wasn't able to opt-in to the PGWP extension because of my passport's expiration date. I will get my new passport next week and I'll apply for my extension along with my wife's SOWP. I read that processing times (as of June 2nd) are 139 days for online applications and 15 days for paper applications. My current PGWP expires by the end of September.

Should I go with the paper application? All my previous applications (SP, PGWP, Visitor Visa) have been online.

Nonenone@12

May 18, 2023
Hey buddies,

Just wanted to share my story in case any of you have been through something similar or know someone who has. Here's the timeline:

• My last class was on April 28th
• My study permit expired two days later, on April 30th
• On March 31st, I applied for a Visitor record so I could hang out in Canada while waiting for my transcripts.
• By May 8th, I got my visitor record
• Three days later, on May 11th, I submitted my application for the PGWP

I gather that students who apply for a PGWP before their study permit runs out can work full-time.

Here's my question: Since I applied with a maintained status (visitor), I'm guessing I can't start working until I get my PGWP approved, right?

Also, do you guys know of any other way to reach out to the IRCC besides their web form? I'd like to find out if there's any chance of getting at least a temporary work permit so I can start working soon.

Thanks a bunch!
Same scenario!!
Need to wait for PGWP approval to start working.
Applied on 9 May 2023.
No update yet.

Reactions: sttyd

ap2021

Star Member
Mar 20, 2022
Hi All,

A friend for mine applied for PGWP on 31st Jan and still hasn’t heard back anything. Anyone else with a similar timeline?

Thank you!

Rohit Abby Elias

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Pgwp timeline (initial/ first time)

Applied: 5 May 2023
Acknowledgement of receipt: 5 May 2023
Interim work authorization letter (WP EXT for PGWP): 11 May 2023
Correspondence letter (biometrics validity): 30 May 2023
Approval: 31 May 2023

Got it so fast!!

Reactions: sttyd