+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Hey buddies,

Just wanted to share my story in case any of you have been through something similar or know someone who has. Here's the timeline:

• My last class was on April 28th
• My study permit expired two days later, on April 30th
• On March 31st, I applied for a Visitor record so I could hang out in Canada while waiting for my transcripts.
• By May 8th, I got my visitor record
• Three days later, on May 11th, I submitted my application for the PGWP

I gather that students who apply for a PGWP before their study permit runs out can work full-time.

Here's my question: Since I applied with a maintained status (visitor), I'm guessing I can't start working until I get my PGWP approved, right?

Also, do you guys know of any other way to reach out to the IRCC besides their web form? I'd like to find out if there's any chance of getting at least a temporary work permit so I can start working soon.

Thanks a bunch!
you can’t work, you are not eligible to work with a invalid study permit.

Fortunately pgwp is really fast recently

May 30, 2023
Hi guys!

I apologize if this has been asked a lot!

I applied for my PGWP on 26th May, after receiving the documents from the University. After applying on the 26th, I received a Confirmation of Online Transmission on 26th of May, followed by a Submission Confirmation on the 27th of May.

This is what the Submission Confirmation says:

Dear

This confirms that your application has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Canada (IRCC) on __________________(yyyy/mm/dd).

When will IRCC contact me?
You are expected to provide a COPY of your passport with your electronic application. If IRCC needs your physical passport, IRCC will request that you submit it to our office. IRCC will also contact you if we require additional information, documents or an interview. For general guidance on your application visit or consult the “What Happens Next” section of the instruction guide associated with the application form you used.

Please do not send to IRCC any documentation related to this online application by mail, courier or fax. Any mail received, other than what is received in your account, will NOT be considered.

How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. Please refer to the following page for processing times related to your application: .

CAUTION: Do not submit multiple applications for the same service in an effort to speed up your application. Doing this may result in both applications being processed and delay the finalization of your application. IRCC does not refund processed applications.

Unless your application has exceeded normal processing times, please limit your correspondence to notifying us of changes in your application. For additional information, consult the IRCC website at .

Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Based on this, am I allowed to start working right now? I believe people receive something called a WP-EXT, which I haven't received. Should I be worried?

Thank you once again, and I apologize if this is a common question.

Ka3114

Jun 20, 2021
Hey Everyone!!
Would like to share my timeline for my PGWP.

PGWP: single applicant (Online application)
Confirmation of online application: May 5th, 2023
Submission confirmation: May 5th 2023
WP-EXT for PGWP: May 6th 2023
Background check completed, eligibility review started and Correspondence letter: May 29th, 2023
Application approved: May 30th, 2023

Have not received in-Canada approval letter yet. Hope this helps and all the best to everyone waiting.

Akhil Tom Punnoose

Star Member
May 9, 2022
Hey Everyone!!
Would like to share my timeline for my PGWP.

PGWP: single applicant (Online application)
Confirmation of online application: May 5th, 2023
Submission confirmation: May 5th 2023
WP-EXT for PGWP: May 6th 2023
Background check completed, eligibility review started and Correspondence letter: May 29th, 2023
Application approved: May 30th, 2023

Have not received in-Canada approval letter yet. Hope this helps and all the best to everyone waiting.
congratulations

Flaky30

Apr 13, 2022
Hi, yesterday I received the three approval, Finally! Yayyy... The thing is they gave me just 6 months because they are using my old passport which expires in six months even though I sent my new passport and in the format, I entered my new passport's info. Should I request a change, I don't want to apply again in six months :(

Congratulations! Please are many dependant...i applied Jan 10 PGWP + SOWP + study permit for mt 2kids...waiting for approval

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Congratulations! Please are many dependant...i applied Jan 10 PGWP + SOWP + study permit for mt 2kids...waiting for approval
Keep checking your portal; mine was updated last Saturday with any changes on our applications, on Monday we saw them approved and yesterday we received the letter. So far I have not received any email notifying any of this things.

Andre11S

Star Member
Mar 23, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sidney - NS
Nomination.....
24-03-2023
AOR Received.
28-04-2023
Also, once the 141 days passed I raised a web form to check the status of my applications, which was on Thursday 25th, then my applications started moving