+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

premal.mistry

Apr 6, 2019
Hi All,

A question on PGWP & SOWP (Spousal open wp).

I know a relative who is on study permit here and her spouse got SOWP but the spouse is not yet in Canada (not landed yet).

Now the student got her completion letter and is in process of applying for PGWP so that she gets applied status and can continue working.

The question is, should she apply for her PGWP along with spouse's work permit now together even though spouse has not immigrated to Canada OR she should wait (approx 15 days) to apply for her PGWP and do so once the spouse enters Canada ?

I will really appreciate any input on this.

Thank you.

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
I applied in January 3rd and still waiting.

It’s very stupid of IRCC not following sequence of submission in processing applications.

I’ve seen a lot of February applicants getting approved already!
Some of them, not a lot. I applied in Feb and still waiting. I believe some people in Jan get approved in March. It is really like random sequence.

Reactions: ndoan95

immigrateINDCA

Feb 22, 2023
I applied on feb 13th for intial pgwp. I opened my account april 22 2023 which is saturday. And there was like application profile updated and the eligiblity was started. I didnt got any email though. Is your Eligiblity started?
Did you receive your approval?

Zachary_Fless

May 1, 2023
Hi everyone! Just registered here.

Applied ONLINE for initial PGWP in the end of November. NO UPDATES since then. Did anyone who applied in Fall (September/October/November) received docs already? If yes, in which month did you get them? Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
Based on what I saw here so far, the Paper Applications take MUCH less time (Like 2-3 months instead of 6-9 months for Online).
I would agree but I haven't seen much paper applications getting approved thats why I am asking as per my previous post. Like I applied by paper for an extension due to passport expiry since January and I've heard nothing so I was wondering if there's anyone else who has applied on paper.

Zachary_Fless

May 1, 2023
I would agree but I haven't seen much paper applications getting approved thats why I am asking as per my previous post. Like I applied by paper for an extension due to passport expiry since January and I've heard nothing so I was wondering if there's anyone else who has applied on paper.
I saw a post here saying "Don't apply via paper", and a person said kinda same thing. Applied in December (?) still didn't receive it.. Check if there is a way to contact IRCC, so they could physically find your application, maybe it will help to bring it up the list?

chayanne

Feb 25, 2023
I saw a post here saying "Don't apply via paper", and a person said kinda same thing. Applied in December (?) still didn't receive it.. Check if there is a way to contact IRCC, so they could physically find your application, maybe it will help to bring it up the list?
I could try that yes.
The thing is for pgwp extensions they require paper applications that's why I did that. I know some persons have done theirs online but I opted for paper according to the website instructions.