+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
Hi all, when I applied for pgwp I selected “open work permit” rather than “post graduate work permit”. Does it really matter? Thanks for your help!!

ndoan95

Star Member
Aug 3, 2022
Hi all, when I applied for pgwp I selected “open work permit” rather than “post graduate work permit”. Does it really matter? Thanks for your help!!
I think it does matter because they are two separate options. It could be safer to submit a webform to clarify the mistake.

LouisValenti

Star Member
Apr 24, 2023
I think it does matter because they are two separate options. It could be safer to submit a webform to clarify the mistake.
Thank you for replying, asked lawyers and they say it is fine, pgwp is a kind of open work permit, and IRCC actually check the document checklist for confirming the type, no need to webform unless I chose like coop work permit.

immigrateINDCA

Feb 22, 2023
Still waiting
PGWP Extension due to passport expiry
Applied 22nd Feb (Paper application)
Application Linked - No updates thereafter
Anyone in the same boat

GURLEEN GILL

Aug 1, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have one question regarding SOWP application. Currently I am on pgwp and have want to apply for my husband’s sowp. But I am working two part time jobs. Can i apply on the basis of two part time jobs?

Karandi

Apr 25, 2023
Edmonton Alberta
Category........
Other
Hi Everyone,

I have one question regarding SOWP application. Currently I am on pgwp and have want to apply for my husband’s sowp. But I am working two part time jobs. Can i apply on the basis of two part time jobs?
Yes, you can apply for your husband's Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP) based on your two part-time jobs. As long as you meet the eligibility criteria, having two part-time jobs should not be an issue. To be eligible, you must:
  1. You have a valid study permit, are eligible for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP), or have a valid PGWP.
  2. You are a full-time student at:
    • a public post-secondary school, such as a college or university, or CEGEP in Quebec;
    • a private college-level school in Quebec; or
    • a Canadian private school that can legally award degrees under provincial law (for example, Bachelors, Masters, or Doctorate degree).
Since you mentioned that you are on a PGWP, your husband should be eligible to apply for a Spouse Open Work Permit (SOWP). You can apply for his SOWP based on your two part-time jobs as long as you can demonstrate that you are working a sufficient number of hours and have the financial means to support your spouse.

When applying for your husband's SOWP, include details about both of your part-time jobs, such as job letters from your employers, the number of hours you work at each job, and your combined income from both jobs. You can also provide pay stubs and any other relevant documentation to support your application. Don't forget to clearly explain your situation in a Letter of Explanation (LOE) when submitting the application.