+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

av_ganesh

Star Member
Sep 23, 2022
what do you mean by a valid visa? I just have my study permit S1 visa till april 2023, but everyone says that after graduating from college, study permit gets expired. What if i try to apply PGWP as soon as I get my marksheet and then travel to india. While coming back is there any issue ?
Study permit gets expired true. but not the VISA. Study permit is in paper, visa is in passport

nmp98

Star Member
Sep 24, 2020
My wife's SOWP (I'm on a PGWP)

Submitted July 29
Review eligibility Dec 13
Approved Dec 14
Congratulations! Could you share when did you apply and receive your PGWP? Would appreciate knowing cause I have applied for my PGWP and my spouse has applied for his SOWP a month apart and waiting.

Reactions: andrews17

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
Congratulations! Could you share when did you apply and receive your PGWP? Would appreciate knowing cause I have applied for my PGWP and my spouse has applied for his SOWP a month apart and waiting.
My PGWP timeline:

Applied for PGWP on May 18th
Eligibility started on Sept 30th (no email received)
Approved on Oct 4th
My wife's SOWP extension timeline:

My wife's SOWP (I'm on a PGWP)

Submitted July 29
Review eligibility Dec 13
Approved Dec 14

Reactions: nmp98

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
SOWP extension (based on spouse's pgwp) timeline (Inland, Montreal):

Applied on July 08.
Raised a Webform on Dec 13 asking status of my application.
Eligibility review started on Dec 14.
Approved on Dec 15.

I applied on my own. Feel free to ask me anything about the procedure, and I'll be happy to help.

Reactions: nmp98

Yagnavel

Nov 18, 2022
SOWP extension (based on spouse's pgwp) timeline (Inland, Montreal):

Applied on July 08.
Raised a Webform on Dec 13 asking status of my application.
Eligibility review started on Dec 14.
Approved on Dec 15.

I applied on my own. Feel free to ask me anything about the procedure, and I'll be happy to help.
First of all, congratulations !! and thanks for being kind to accept questions.
I've few questions,
I applied on 26th August and waiting for my decision. The initial letter from IRCC soon after my PGWP submission stated that I'm authorized to work till 23rd Dec.
Q1: To my knowledge, now I should raise a webform stating that date stated by IRCC is nearing and I didn't got decision yet. - Am I correct ?
Q2: Do I need to upload any documents, while raising webform for this issue?
Q3: What will happen once I raised the webform?

Thanks in advance!!

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
First of all, congratulations !! and thanks for being kind to accept questions.
I've few questions,
I applied on 26th August and waiting for my decision. The initial letter from IRCC soon after my PGWP submission stated that I'm authorized to work till 23rd Dec.
Q1: To my knowledge, now I should raise a webform stating that date stated by IRCC is nearing and I didn't got decision yet. - Am I correct ?
Q2: Do I need to upload any documents, while raising webform for this issue?
Q3: What will happen once I raised the webform?

Thanks in advance!!
Thank you.

1) If your employer is asking for the letter then yes otherwise it's not necessary. You're on maintained status if your WP is expired.

2) Optional. Just provide UCI, Application number and your inquiry.

3) I have submitted total 3 webforms for my application.

First one was to change my address on file for which, I never got a reply. (but they'll apply those changes for sure)

On second Webform I submitted my spouse's pgwp, which I got reply after a month that it has been added to my file.

Third I raised on Dec 13 asking status of my application and it's been around 160 days etc etc (be polite and appreciative) for which I received reply on Dec 14 that they are "processing applications as quickly as possible" (I believe the officer sent me that response) as in few minutes my review started and application was approved today.

Raising a Webform inquiring status of your application near the current processing time is effective. Also, it was suggested by an applicant here.

Reactions: Yagnavel