+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

shiv_d

Nov 30, 2022
Hello, I beleive that the WP-EXT letter is generated after a set of rules is checked after your PGWP submission, and if passed you should get one. The least you could do is to raise a web form since trying to call IRCC seems like a waste of time. I was never able to reach them through the phone.
Raised Web form twice but no reply. Contacting Mp can help in this situation?

kounou

Dec 1, 2022
Hello, I recently got my approval for the PGWP, but I didn't get any email updates or online documents for the approval. Is this common? How long does the hard copy takes to arrive (located in Ontario)?

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
Hello, I recently got my approval for the PGWP, but I didn't get any email updates or online documents for the approval. Is this common? How long does the hard copy takes to arrive (located in Ontario)?
It's normal. You'll get an email for approval letter though within 2 days of approval. Physical permit can take upto 2 weeks. Can you share your complete timeline?

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
SOWP approved
Application filed - 30–June
Eligibility review - 9-Nov
Status - Approved for 3 years (29-Nov)
I applied on 8th July, eligibility review not even started. I guess I have to cancel my flights as in your case they took 20 days for approval after eligibility review stage. :/

Rac23

Apr 15, 2020
Hi all, a silent reader here. I applied for pgwp on June 3rd, work permit extension for spouse and study permit extension for 2 kids on same date. I got approved today Dec 1st. Thanks all for sharing your timeline.
Congratulations!

Did you apply together? Your family’s applications were approved along with yours?

Harjas1997

Star Member
Jul 8, 2016
Hello Everyone. I wanted to ask if we can leave and re-enter Canada before the completion letter/transcript is issued and then apply for PGWP on re-entry inside Canada, not at the port of entry. My study permit and visa will be valid at the time of re-entry. But,I just wanted to ask anyone did that before? What questions does the officer ask at the port of entry?

timhortonsspender

Star Member
Nov 24, 2022
Hello Everyone. I wanted to ask if we can leave and re-enter Canada before the completion letter/transcript is issued and then apply for PGWP on re-entry inside Canada, not at the port of entry. My study permit and visa will be valid at the time of re-entry. But,I just wanted to ask anyone did that before? What questions does the officer ask at the port of entry?
Yes you can.

Reactions: Harjas1997

chetan0204

Oct 3, 2022
I applied on 4th of July and still didn’t get approval. Even my eligibility review has not been started. What to do? My friend who applied on 1st of July she got it. Few of the friends who applied after me they also got pgwp. I’m scared