+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If study permit is near to expire, one can do flag pooling while awaiting PGWP decision? or the applicant can wait until the decision comes out even after the study permit is expired?

Reactions: ashucan

Abdussalam Khan

Nov 13, 2022
Nowshera, Pakistan
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
11-08-2022
Med's Done....
15-08-2022
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
VISA ISSUED...
05-09-2022
If study permit is near to expire, one can do flag pooling while awaiting PGWP decision? or the applicant can wait until the decision comes out even after the study permit is expired?
Yes, you can still do it and then withdraw your online application in case of approval. If you want to do it, plan it right away and don't wait for study permit to expire.

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
Flagpoling looks like a relief in these stressful times If there are adequate documents and a Valid study visa.
I applied in mid may, raised web forms,called IRCC and got the escalation of matter, still nothing in sight. Stuck like anything no end of the waiting in sight.

keerthikumaraavula

Star Member
Mar 31, 2015
HYderabad
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Flagpoling looks like a relief in these stressful times If there are adequate documents and a Valid study visa.
I applied in mid may, raised web forms,called IRCC and got the escalation of matter, still nothing in sight. Stuck like anything no end of the waiting in sight.
My study permit valid till 31DEC2022. Also, my family SOWP is valid till December 2022. So, I'm thinking for flag pooling for PGWP. My question is, can we do flag pooling on the same day for PGWP and SOWP extension?

Sam123Smr

Star Member
Jan 28, 2021
My study permit valid till 31DEC2022. Also, my family SOWP is valid till December 2022. So, I'm thinking for flag pooling for PGWP. My question is, can we do flag pooling on the same day for PGWP and SOWP extension?
Technically you can but it’s better you go first and get it then others can apply online. SOWP I heard are getting processed very fast these days. Few people are getting it within 2-3 weeks

Nov 26, 2020
For SOWP extension your spouse (PGWP applicant) will need to have a job offer and 3 recent paystubs.

Last edited:

SNP0201

Star Member
Mar 27, 2020
SOWP approved
Application filed - 30–June
Eligibility review - 9-Nov
Status - Approved for 3 years (29-Nov)
Congratulations bro. Haven't you applied with dependents in April? Can you please share if it was an individual inland application or with dependent application?