+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

daninmotion

Star Member
Apr 22, 2022
Calgary
Category........
WP
After 3 hours in queue my partner was able to speak to an IRCC agent that submitted an escalation for our application.

Applied PGWP and SOWP: May 6

Call to IRCC: Oct 27 (174 days) escalation was made.
Did you try to call them? Your case is exceeded the current processing time.
Yes :D
After 3 hours in queue my partner was able to speak to an IRCC agent that submitted an escalation for our application.

Applied PGWP + SOWP: May 6

Call to IRCC: Oct 27 (174 days) escalation was made.

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
applied may 20th
eligibility review oct 26th
approval oct 27th

took a while but it happened finally!
Finally some good news coming in. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations.

Also please keep the forum members updated on the way forward about TRV (if you will be applying for one).

Reactions: rxtve

rxtve

Star Member
May 20, 2022
Finally some good news coming in. Thanks for sharing. Congratulations.

Also please keep the forum members updated on the way forward about TRV (if you will be applying for one).
thank you!
not sure about TRV since i applied with a valid study permit but it still has not been processed. i think i will have to send more webforms or apply for new one. should i just send the approval as an update ?

Reactions: ashucan

ashucan

Jan 20, 2019
thank you!
not sure about TRV since i applied with a valid study permit but it still has not been processed. i think i will have to send more webforms or apply for new one. should i just send the approval as an update ?
For the TRV its the same with me as I applied for a TRV within Canada while the study Visa was valid, No response, raising web forms.
All the best dear.

xuanchin

Oct 2, 2022
I applied on May 23 (outside of Canada - Malaysia and process in Singapore office). When apply, the normal processing time shown 15 weeks but it keeps increasing till 32 weeks (updated on Oct 25). I contacted Singapore office via webform, they replied and finally my status got changed to "in review" on Oct 18. Till today I been waited for 22 weeks (159 Days).

The replied from Singapore office mention that "Temporary Resident processing capacity at some missions has been reduced, with resources currently diverted to other priorities." and they do not know when will the situation will return to normal.

If anyone applied from Malaysia or Singapore, please share your timeline. Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
So I'm on a PGWP. I requested my wife's SOWP after I got the 3 paystubs and just before her older permit expired. In one of the sections of the application process, it asks if the applicant will be working in any health related job, and I said no (if it's a yes, it asks for medical exams). So she got her maintained status letter and started looking for a job. Now, her permit hasn't been approved yet and she got a job as a PSW. Do I need to change that specific question in the application?

Rinrin01

Sep 25, 2022
Hello Everyone,

Approved for PGWP October 7th and still haven’t received my hard copy. Called IRCC and the agent said I have to wait for 6 weeks before they can do anything. Does it take that long to get the hard copy in Ottawa, Ontario?

P.S: I moved out in the beginning of the month of October and did mailing forwarding. I have been getting all of my mails and still haven’t seen my permit. I do check my previous address every two days if it has been delivered, still nothing.
Should I be worried?

Best Regards.