+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ipkylie

Sep 29, 2021
Hmm, I am curious what did the lawyer do here to fix the situation so quickly. However, it is a great news. Congratulations!
the lawyer didn’t do anything, me either, we just finished a consultation and then I got an email from immigration officer said they changed the decision.
The immigration officer reopened and reconsidered my application themselves without any appeal from my lawyer or me.
I didn’t even call IRCC agent.

Reactions: Miracle2018

ipkylie

Sep 29, 2021
Congratulations! Just curious is there anything special about your application that made them refuse your application upon first review?
Thank you!
Yeah, my health problem, but that’s not an issue anymore that’s why my study permit got approved. My lawyer said because I didn’t explain it in my application. However, the health examiner told me my results are all normal, except there’s a record in it, she graded my exam as no concerns.
I think maybe that’s why they reopen and reconsidered my application. But I was surprised they did reopen my case themselves without any appeal from me or my lawyer.

Last edited:
Reactions: ndoan95

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
My PGWP is in process, and I just changed my address in Canada. Where can I update my address in my profile? I logged in to my IRCC account, but I can't find any place where I can change it. My former address was written in the uploaded forms.

GoOfy_4485

Sep 5, 2022
My PGWP is in process, and I just changed my address in Canada. Where can I update my address in my profile? I logged in to my IRCC account, but I can't find any place where I can change it. My former address was written in the uploaded forms.
Webform is your only option but, have they started working on it or it's just under submitted status?

GoOfy_4485

Sep 5, 2022
Submitted. What should I send in the web form? Just a letter stating my new address?
If it's submitted then apply through Webform. Select change of contact information and fill out all the details. I did it 2 months back and received just 1 auto generated email. Same with my friend. He's pgwp got approved last week and received work permit on updated location so don't worry if you do not hear back from IRCC after sending Webform. Do not submit another Webform. Also, we did not write a letter, attach a pdf or anything else. Just wrote that we have moved to different place so want to update the same on our file. That's it.

Last edited:

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016
PGWP extension (Paper application)
Got 1.5 years previously due to passport expiry.

Applied: May 19, 2022 (Application delivered date)
Eligibility review: Sep 6, 2022
Approved: Sep 7, 2022

No email. Got updates on the GCKey account.

Thanks to God! All the best, everyone.

andrews17

Jan 25, 2021
Canada
Category........
PNP
I applied for my PGWP on May 18 and I received the temporary letter, or whatever it's called, to start working while I wait for my work permit. This letter says it's valid until September 18. I'm working and my employer asked me to get a new extension before that date or else I can't continue working. I even sent them the link where it says that I can still keep working even in that letter has expired, but they're insisting I need to get a new extension.

Is this something I can easily get at Service Canada?
So I tried to call the phone number provided in this thread and after going through the menu for more than 5 minutes, I finally got to the option that said "to talk to an agent, press 0", but then it just said that all agents were busy and that I can try later. I've called 6 times since yesterday and still have the same result.

I tried to go to a Service Canada office in Hamilton. They said didn't process work permits and sent me to the Hamilton airport to try luck. At the airport, they told me they only processed applications for people coming to Canada, so they sent me to a CIC office in Hamilton downtown. At Hamilton downtown, they told me they only processed refugees' inquiries and advised me to call the same phone number I've trying to call since yesterday.

I explained this to my employer and they're not very happy. My letter expires next week and I'm concerned I may lose my job.

Any other advice? Contacting IRCC is definitely not an option. I was thinking if I should submit a new work permit request to get the automatic letter for 120 more days. That should work, but I don't know if that would get me in trouble in the future and I have already submitted my application for the PGWP.

sal97

May 16, 2021
So I tried to call the phone number provided in this thread and after going through the menu for more than 5 minutes, I finally got to the option that said "to talk to an agent, press 0", but then it just said that all agents were busy and that I can try later. I've called 6 times since yesterday and still have the same result.

I tried to go to a Service Canada office in Hamilton. They said didn't process work permits and sent me to the Hamilton airport to try luck. At the airport, they told me they only processed applications for people coming to Canada, so they sent me to a CIC office in Hamilton downtown. At Hamilton downtown, they told me they only processed refugees' inquiries and advised me to call the same phone number I've trying to call since yesterday.

I explained this to my employer and they're not very happy. My letter expires next week and I'm concerned I may lose my job.

Any other advice? Contacting IRCC is definitely not an option. I was thinking if I should submit a new work permit request to get the automatic letter for 120 more days. That should work, but I don't know if that would get me in trouble in the future and I have already submitted my application for the PGWP.
You can work legally and your employer needs to understand that.
Refer R186 (w)
https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/sor-2002-227/section-186.html

In addition to that, IRCC has been working hard to approve Work Permits and people from May 7 and May 8 have also started receiving approvals. I received mine yesterday (applied May 5). So, I think, you should get yours soon too.

santzapaul

Aug 8, 2016

I understand this is not particularly helpful, but submitting a new work permit application could delay your current application.