+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

ElianeB

Feb 9, 2022
Hi! Silent reader here. I just wanna share our timeline since we expect that ours will take more months.

Applied for Study Permit Extension + OWP— January 26, 2022
No update at all even the review of our eligibility.
Graduated- May 27, 2022

Applied PGWP+OWP EXT- June 18, 2022
Approved - Today (July 25, 2022) they just updated our profile, no more review of eligibility.

The extension for my OWP got canceled while mine was still stated as submitted.
We waited for our extension for 180 days but we got our PGWP+OWP permit for 37 days without the WP-EXT letter.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get yours too!
June?? Good for you...

Poyani

Jun 16, 2021
I applied on the 26th, no response. I contacted my local member of parliament, and they contacted the IRCC and informed me that they "received the application and they don't need additional files". I suggest your son also reach out to an MP. This has been proved by many people in this forum to be helpful. Hope this helps
Thank you

Gurvinder001

Star Member
Oct 22, 2018
My review started on 6 july
Application date 21 jan
I called ircc agent she told me the due date on file is 3rd august what that means

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
My review started on 6 july
Application date 21 jan
I called ircc agent she told me the due date on file is 3rd august what that means
It means they will finalize the application and have a decision before August 3rd.

Abhin Shiny James

Jan 11, 2019
Hey Guys,
Do you guys know anything about flagpoling at an airport after a trip to USA. Im in Maintained/implied status.Applied feb 4th. Visa and study permit expired. Only proof of implied/maintained status in hand.
TIA

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
Hey Guys,
Do you guys know anything about flagpoling at an airport after a trip to USA. Im in Maintained/implied status.Applied feb 4th. Visa and study permit expired. Only proof of implied/maintained status in hand.
TIA
Hi ,

Officers at the airport usually don't issue PGWP to people in implied status. They'll tell you to wait for your application to be processed, and let you in as either a visitor if you study permit is still valid, or as a visitor, see below:

When you return to Canada: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1309

• You may enter as a student if your study permit is still valid.
  • If we approve your post-graduation work permit while you’re away, you may enter as a worker.
  • If we’re still processing your post-graduation work permit, you may enter as a visitor, and you can work without a work permit until we make a decision on your application.
A border officer will have some questions for you when you arrive back in Canada. The officer may ask you for proof that you applied for a post-graduation work permit, such as a copy of your application or the fee payment receipt.

If the officer believes there is reason to refuse your re-entry, you won’t be able to enter Canada.

Reactions: Abhin Shiny James

Abhin Shiny James

Jan 11, 2019
Hi ,

Officers at the airport usually don't issue PGWP to people in implied status. They'll tell you to wait for your application to be processed, and let you in as either a visitor if you study permit is still valid, or as a visitor, see below:

When you return to Canada: https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1309

• You may enter as a student if your study permit is still valid.
  • If we approve your post-graduation work permit while you’re away, you may enter as a worker.
  • If we’re still processing your post-graduation work permit, you may enter as a visitor, and you can work without a work permit until we make a decision on your application.
A border officer will have some questions for you when you arrive back in Canada. The officer may ask you for proof that you applied for a post-graduation work permit, such as a copy of your application or the fee payment receipt.

If the officer believes there is reason to refuse your re-entry, you won’t be able to enter Canada.
Thanks @nickgrizzly
I'm in Montreal right now and making the trip this Friday. Will I lose the implied status then?