+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rajbirk0211

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone
I got approval for PGWP on 20th june, but I didn't get my hard copy still now at home address. I went to border yesterday, but they didn't give me hard copy, i have approval letter with me, i sent webforms to IRCC, but no reply.
can anyone help me and suggest me what can I do now ??

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
Hi everyone
I got approval for PGWP on 20th june, but I didn't get my hard copy still now at home address. I went to border yesterday, but they didn't give me hard copy, i have approval letter with me, i sent webforms to IRCC, but no reply.
can anyone help me and suggest me what can I do now ??
They will reply after several weeks and tell you to apply for replacement of permit via post. That too takes months to get processed.

rajbirk0211

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
They will reply after several weeks and tell you to apply for replacement of permit via post. That too takes months to get processed.
I have booked ticket for my home country, I have my valid trv stamp, but i m going to India in September. Can I get my hard copy till September???

also, I applied already for replacement of hard copy

yowyow

Jan 7, 2022
I have booked ticket for my home country, I have my valid trv stamp, but i m going to India in September. Can I get my hard copy till September???

also, I applied already for replacement of hard copy
It depends but I don’t think you will get hard copy by September

ukuduck

Mar 1, 2022
Is there anybody who applied on 21 January and no response yet?My son has applied on 21st January.
I applied on the 26th, no response. I contacted my local member of parliament, and they contacted the IRCC and informed me that they "received the application and they don't need additional files". I suggest your son also reach out to an MP. This has been proved by many people in this forum to be helpful. Hope this helps

Belle007

Jun 13, 2022
Hi! Silent reader here. I just wanna share our timeline since we expect that ours will take more months.

Applied for Study Permit Extension + OWP— January 26, 2022
No update at all even the review of our eligibility.
Graduated- May 27, 2022

Applied PGWP+OWP EXT- June 18, 2022
Approved - Today (July 25, 2022) they just updated our profile, no more review of eligibility.

The extension for my OWP got canceled while mine was still stated as submitted.
We waited for our extension for 180 days but we got our PGWP+OWP permit for 37 days without the WP-EXT letter.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you all get yours too!