+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Vinoth95

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I think we wont see much updates until next Monday or Tuesday. It is a long weekend and people stop working from today afternoon.

AdmiralGG

Star Member
Jun 2, 2022
Work permit from inside Canada (initial and extension)

154 days
Paper
149 days
Seems like I can never catch the processing time, currently sitting at 150 days, and the processing time has increased again this week. And, most likely will again increase next week :(

RamSatt

Mar 8, 2021
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-12-2020
Med's Done....
15-11-2020
Passport Req..
17-03-2021
VISA ISSUED...
05-03-2021
LANDED..........
19-04-2021
I wonder if the long weekend (I heard some institutions aren't working on July 4th too!) is affecting the processing time, making it longer. Perhaps it'll come down by a few days next week.

Llwyd

May 13, 2022
Is raising a web form worth it? Last time I did it they got back to me two months later…
I raised on yesterday although I think it might not be useful. However, I just don't want them to think that I gave up and am no longer interested in getting the permit. :(

PedroCoral

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
I raised on yesterday although I think it might not be useful. However, I just don't want them to think that I gave up and am no longer interested in getting the permit. :(
On July 14th will be 6 months of waiting for an answer, my permit, SIN, OHIP, and everything will expire, what should I do?

• Sad
Reactions: Llwyd

ElianeB

Feb 9, 2022
I think visibility in news and on social media is needed. IRCC will never make any changes without external pressure, and most of the current focus is on PR and study permit applicants. Because the struggle and frustration of WP applicants are not known to the society, nobody, neither IRCC officers nor MPs, will care abt the etreme conditions. Because we are not visible, our needs will not be treated as something necessary. How study permit backlog affected students was reported by several newspaper and raised public concerns, and though not 100% as a result of it, the waiting time for study permit in Canada is only 2 weeks now.

So post on your social media accounts, call or email the local news, particularly if you are denied medical coverage, separated from your families, or expriencing any other undue pressure. We need to let the society know what we are experiencing now.

Reactions: tubkal

nickgrizzly

Star Member
May 16, 2022
BC
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Calgary, Montreal
Med's Request
09-05-2023
Med's Done....
10-05-2023
LANDED..........
08-06-2023
On July 14th will be 6 months of waiting for an answer, my permit, SIN, OHIP, and everything will expire, what should I do?
Hi,

There is not much you can do to be honest. An expired SIN and permit doesn't really affect you since you already applied and are on implied/maintained status.

My work permit expired, but I’ve maintained my status. Can I keep working under the same conditions of my initial work permit if my Social Insurance Number (SIN) is expired?
Yes. If you applied to extend your work permit before your initial work permit expired, you can keep working, even if your SIN is expired. This is allowed under the Employment Insurance Act and Regulations.

Have you looked into Flagpoling? How far are you from the border?