+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

LeeLe

Star Member
Jun 17, 2022
Ohhhh!!! Yes definitely cleared. I am from a TRV country but have no plans to leave the country just yet as I want to gain my canadian experience as much as I can, is it ok if I dont apply for a visitors visa?
A visa is for entry. And study permit is a legit doc for your stay in Canada. So let say you dont wanna leave Canada. A visitor visa is unnecessary.

Huz96

Jun 14, 2022
People who have applied for visitor visa on paper after getting PGWP.
did you submit your passport at the time of sending the documents? Or are you going to submit later when they ask for it?
The checklist says you dont need to send the passport now. But i think we have to. Please help

rajbirk0211

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
Hi everyone
I had got my approval for PGWP on 20th june, 2022.
But I didn't receive hard copy of PGWP still now. Some of my friends got approval after me and they getting their physical copy in 5-7 days.
Can any one help me, what I have to do now ?
or I will have to wait for next week

PedroCoral

Star Member
Oct 23, 2020
Hi,

There is not much you can do to be honest. An expired SIN and permit doesn't really affect you since you already applied and are on implied/maintained status.

My work permit expired, but I’ve maintained my status. Can I keep working under the same conditions of my initial work permit if my Social Insurance Number (SIN) is expired?
Yes. If you applied to extend your work permit before your initial work permit expired, you can keep working, even if your SIN is expired. This is allowed under the Employment Insurance Act and Regulations.

Have you looked into Flagpoling? How far are you from the border?
Thanks! Flagpole is my last option. I paid around $700 since I’m applying for myself, spouse and kids, and I would lose that money plus I’ll have to pay again.

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Hi everyone
I had got my approval for PGWP on 20th june, 2022.
But I didn't receive hard copy of PGWP still now. Some of my friends got approval after me and they getting their physical copy in 5-7 days.
Can any one help me, what I have to do now ?
or I will have to wait for next week
You can either try calling IRCC or sending a webform.

Reactions: rajbirk0211

Alexxxd

Jul 2, 2022
hi everyone, my PGWP application got approved on June 20th. But when I finally got my work permit document I found the print quality was terrible. The Document Number, Application Number, Given Name, and Date Issued are totally unrecognizable. I tried to apply SIN online and got refused due to those missing information on my work permit.

Has anyone run into the same problem? I have submitted an IRCC web form for a work permit replacement. But is there anything else I can do in the current situation? Thanks!

rajbirk0211

Star Member
Apr 11, 2022
hi everyone, my PGWP application got approved on June 20th. But when I finally got my work permit document I found the print quality was terrible. The Document Number, Application Number, Given Name, and Date Issued are totally unrecognizable. I tried to apply SIN online and got refused due to those missing information on my work permit.

Has anyone run into the same problem? I have submitted an IRCC web form for a work permit replacement. But is there anything else I can do in the current situation? Thanks!
When you get your hard copy ??
I also got approval on 20th june, but didn't get physical copy yet now

Jcj148

Nov 29, 2020
Anyone applied on Jan 20 and is still waiting? I sent mine on Jan 20. Not even the eligibility review started.