+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

dwalu

May 26, 2022
January 9, I got approval this morning until September end (expiry of my old passport). I sent them my new passport through webform and they acknowledged receipt of the document and said they will add to file. I don't know why they did not process my application with that document after updating them with webform. I am so mad that I have to go through this process again of extending and waiting for a response from them.
Similar ordeal

dwalu

May 26, 2022
Watch out for Monday. Once there are few or no mid week approvals, the previous trends have shown that the subsequent Monday has more people sharing news about their approvals. Keep hope and faith alive! It’s an annoying and very stressful process! Kind of illustrates how much or little value immigrants are thought of yet we keep the economy running!

Reactions: THUKRALD and Llwyd

Lesean2134

May 25, 2022
Watch out for Monday. Once there are few or no mid week approvals, the previous trends have shown that the subsequent Monday has more people sharing news about their approvals. Keep hope and faith alive! It’s an annoying and very stressful process! Kind of illustrates how much or little value immigrants are thought of yet we keep the economy running!
Did you apply on the 9th also?

Reactions: dwalu

aktheraja

Jun 4, 2020
Hey friends. Anyone who worked more than 20 hrs a week, and a little over 40 hrs in one payslip got their PGWP approved? I'm just worried, I accidently had 42 hours (in 2 weeks) in one of my payslip. Applied on Jan 14th! Thanks for your replies!

tubkal

Star Member
Jun 8, 2022
Hey friends. Anyone who worked more than 20 hrs a week, and a little over 40 hrs in one payslip got their PGWP approved? I'm just worried, I accidently had 42 hours (in 2 weeks) in one of my payslip. Applied on Jan 14th! Thanks for your replies!
Hey I’m literally on the same boat. My very last payslip before applying for the PGWP was 42 hours to compensate my previous payslip of 8 hours. AFAIK IRCC doesn’t necessarily have access to your SIN information and even if they do, I wouldn’t worry about a one time occurrence. I’m choosing not to worry about it. IRCC will deny it if it’s clear that you attempted to work more than 20 hours (I.e multiple payslips over 20…). 42 hours is really just one extra hour a week. You will find on this very forum people that worked more hours than us and got their PGWP approved. Don’t beat yourself up! Let us know how it goes :)

dwalu

May 26, 2022
Don’t worry or be anxious about such small matters! It just the general delays in processing these work permits. As you may be following they are trying to move according to the dates when people applied. Last week it was mostly people who applied between 6-8th January that received approvals. Next week it may be those who applied between 9-10th January that will receive their approvals and this trend may go on like that. Keep reading from this forum and see if the pattern is true and you will have reason to become anxious if they process approvals for people like you who applied on 14th January but you don’t get yours approved. Good luck and again try not to be so anxious

aktheraja

Jun 4, 2020
Hey I’m literally on the same boat. My very last payslip before applying for the PGWP was 42 hours to compensate my previous payslip of 8 hours. AFAIK IRCC doesn’t necessarily have access to your SIN information and even if they do, I wouldn’t worry about a one time occurrence. I’m choosing not to worry about it. IRCC will deny it if it’s clear that you attempted to work more than 20 hours (I.e multiple payslips over 20…). 42 hours is really just one extra hour a week. You will find on this very forum people that worked more hours than us and got their PGWP approved. Don’t beat yourself up! Let us know how it goes :)
I will let you know for sure! When did you apply tho? Let me know if you got approved too!

aktheraja

Jun 4, 2020
Don’t worry or be anxious about such small matters! It just the general delays in processing these work permits. As you may be following they are trying to move according to the dates when people applied. Last week it was mostly people who applied between 6-8th January that received approvals. Next week it may be those who applied between 9-10th January that will receive their approvals and this trend may go on like that. Keep reading from this forum and see if the pattern is true and you will have reason to become anxious if they process approvals for people like you who applied on 14th January but you don’t get yours approved. Good luck and again try not to be so anxious
I know! it has been a really long time waiting for our PGWP. Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate it. It was really just a one time thing last year, every other pay slips were at 31 hrs to 36 hrs. Thanks again!

Reactions: dwalu

AnkithaP

Star Member
Nov 11, 2019
This is so depressing to even read. Working on applications between just two days for the whole week. My friend applied on Mar 18th, I wonder when his turn would finally come, how can they approve within 1-2 hours when flagpoling when taking ages to approve an online application. Canada has kept every category of immigrant in limbo showing false hopes.

Last edited:

memolllak

Jun 17, 2022
Thank you. I have updated my MP about this. I am hoping they will be able to do something considering the fact that I sent my new international passport to IRCC 2 months ago and they acknowledged receipt of the document after that.
As I have same problem ( submitted application for pgwp with passport expiry on November) I remember I searched after submission to see if it is possible to update the application with new passport, it is insane, but apparently the application could not be updated after submission.