+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

reza123456

Apr 1, 2019
Hi Everyone, I have a question here and I think I can find my answer here. This is for Ontarians.

My wife graduated in Feb and we got married after that. I have PR card but my wife was going to apply for PGWP first and then meanwhile I apply PR for her with sponsorship program.

My wife has applied for PGWP on March 27th. Actually, she had UHIP until end of April. She is not eligible for OHIP until she gets her Work Permit based on Service Ontario Website, although she is working now.
Do you think she is eligible for OHIP when I have PR? What do you suggest? If she is not eligible, can I buy Health Insurnace from private providers?

Also, I have not applied PR for her with sponsership program yet. I will do that soon. Do you think if I apply for her, she will be eligible for OHIP?

Sorry guys, here was the only place I could share my concerns.

Best,

Mihir6008

Aug 17, 2019
I applied on 14th January and my 143 days will be completed on the 6th of June so lets see if something happens till then. The MP in my city reached out to IRCC last week and they said that my file has not been opened yet.
How did you contacted the MP ? Email or in person visit ?

Lesean2134

May 25, 2022
Hi

I applied for my PGWP on January 6th and I am still waiting for an update...

In the automatic letter stated I can work till May 30 or until there is an update on my application.

Can I still continue to work??? or I am no longer allowed to work??
On the IRCC website it says you can work beyond the date on the extension.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

That’s the link.

My job stopped scheduling me once I got to the date on my extension letter even though I showed them the information provided on website and explained everything them.

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
On the IRCC website it says you can work beyond the date on the extension.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/after-apply.html

That’s the link.

My job stopped scheduling me once I got to the date on my extension letter even though I showed them the information provided on website and explained everything them.
Please ask your MP if they can contact your employer directly. That should help.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hi Everyone, I have a question here and I think I can find my answer here. This is for Ontarians.

My wife graduated in Feb and we got married after that. I have PR card but my wife was going to apply for PGWP first and then meanwhile I apply PR for her with sponsorship program.

My wife has applied for PGWP on March 27th. Actually, she had UHIP until end of April. She is not eligible for OHIP until she gets her Work Permit based on Service Ontario Website, although she is working now.
Do you think she is eligible for OHIP when I have PR? What do you suggest? If she is not eligible, can I buy Health Insurnace from private providers?

Also, I have not applied PR for her with sponsership program yet. I will do that soon. Do you think if I apply for her, she will be eligible for OHIP?

Sorry guys, here was the only place I could share my concerns.

Best,
Having a PR as a spouse won't give her OHIP. And applying for PR (sponsorship) also won't make her eligible for OHIP.
If she has a full time job (able to show 6 month contract or more) and is on a valid work permit, I believe she can apply for OHIP.

reza123456

Apr 1, 2019
Having a PR as a spouse won't give her OHIP. And applying for PR (sponsorship) also won't make her eligible for OHIP.
If she has a full time job (able to show 6 month contract or more) and is on a valid work permit, I believe she can apply for OHIP.
Thanks dear,
So, means the only way now is to buy insurnace from Private Insurance companies same as visitor's insurance.

Reactions: Leo__

Ivan123

Feb 16, 2018
Member of Parliament. These individuals, depending on your location, represent you at the federal level. They can help liaise with federal agencies on your behalf if there is any issue or delay regarding anything.
How do you reach out?

Leo__

May 12, 2022
Hi everyone
I submitted my Application on Jan 12 inland I have sent various web forms asking for an update but they keep saying ”We verified the information you provided; however, we require further information in order to access the file.

Does anyone know what else I should write in the enquiry description so I can get a better response? Or do I have to send in the forms used in my application ?