+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

rogerdude1

Apr 24, 2021
Hey Guys,

Hope everyone's well. Just a quick question. I applied for my PGWP yesterday. I got my graduation letter on 25th May. When I filled my application, under the Employment tab, I put currently working from May 2022 , to end date of June 2022. It is just a one month contractor job. I was working part time there, Until I got my graduation letter, now full time. However, I did not mention that I was working part time, I thought It was self explanatory and it didn't say anywhere to mention it either. You think it could be trouble? I mean if they check, they will figure out that I didn't do Unauthorized work but I'm still stressed out and beating myself up as to why I should have done that and I did not.

Thanks in Advance. I truly appreciate you guys. there is so much valuable information here for anyone to help them navigate through what their concern or query is. This forum rocks. Peace:)
I haven't submitted mine yet, but I am writing "(Off Campus - Part Time)" after the job title in the Employment section of IMM5710e form just to make it clear. And I am also leaving the "To" blank in one of these.

kuan

Mar 26, 2022
Quick update

Application type: PGWP inland
Applied: December 14, 2021
Webform sent: May 28, 2022
Status changed to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' : May 29, 2022

Hopefully will get PGWP soon. If your timeline exceeded the normal processing times, use the webform. It says on the website:
  • You may use this form if: Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.

I've also applied for SOWP for my wife and a visitor visa for my daughter who are outside Canada along with my PGWP application. Statuses of their applications haven't changed, so I'll probably need to raise another webform for them.

kuan

Mar 26, 2022
Quick update

Application type: PGWP inland
Applied: December 14, 2021
Webform sent: May 28, 2022
Status changed to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' : May 29, 2022

Hopefully will get PGWP soon. If your timeline exceeded the normal processing times, use the webform. It says on the website:
  • You may use this form if: Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.

I've also applied for SOWP for my wife and a visitor visa for my daughter who are outside Canada along with my PGWP application. Statuses of their applications haven't changed, so I'll probably need to raise another webform for them.
Another quick update.
Just logged in and saw that my PGWP application was approved for 3 years for 1 year study program: May 30

Mihir6008

Aug 17, 2019
Another quick update.
Just logged in and saw that my PGWP application was approved for 3 years for 1 year study program: May 30
Congratulations, I never got a reply of my webform, can you tell me what did you mention in webform specifically?

kuan

Mar 26, 2022
Congratulations, I never got a reply of my webform, can you tell me what did you mention in webform specifically?
Me neither. They just approved it in the online portal. I just stated that it's been almost 6 months, which is way above the normal processing times outlined on the website. But in a more polite way.

Trouble007

Apr 7, 2022
Long time lurker,
Registered to let you guys know that I have been approved for 3 years PGWP today!

Applied on: January 5, 2022
Approved: May 30, 2022

Earlier in the morning got a ghost update but there was nothing and afternoon got my approval.
Good luck to everyone!
congratulations and thanks for your update.. can i ask your study time .. was it only one year?

bac0n14

Star Member
Feb 3, 2022
Another quick update.
Congratulations!!

Hopefully they follow this pattern for us too! lol. Essentially, those that have PGWP expiring this year have gained 3yrs permit as well.