+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
hello guys I have recieved pgwp refusal due to some error from officer side, and I have send him reconsideration, I got a mail from ircc that they have forwarded my document to responsible office, after that how much time it take to get result any idea? Please reply thanks

Noramama

Dec 15, 2020
hello guys I have recieved pgwp refusal due to some error from officer side, and I have send him reconsideration, I got a mail from ircc that they have forwarded my document to responsible office, after that how much time it take to get result any idea? Please reply thanks
What kind of error ?I heard someone’s case send to local office for reviewing and it seems took a very long time

Noramama

Dec 15, 2020
All temporary residence goes through edmenton irccc.. there is no local office ..
As I already said, you should do some research by yourself in this forum. Several guys applied pgwp had ask for help about this situation in this forum.But I have to correct the words I used in last post, it’s not transferred to ‘local office’, they were transferred to immigration center of xx(your area) or Etobicoke office.

Flyfa

Star Member
Sep 27, 2021
As I already said, you should do some research by yourself in this forum. Several guys applied pgwp had ask for help about this situation in this forum.But I have to correct the words I used in last post, it’s not transferred to ‘local office’, they were transferred to immigration center of xx(your area) or Etobicoke office.
Still you are giving wrong info .. if you don't know don't comment ..it all goes from edmenton temporary residence ..

Tarun1402

May 9, 2022
Anyone where who applied for TRV after getting their PGWP ?
Can you tell me the processing time if someone got it approved recently.

Llwyd

May 13, 2022
Quick update

Application type: PGWP inland
Applied: December 14, 2021
Webform sent: May 28, 2022
Status changed to 'We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements' : May 29, 2022

Hopefully will get PGWP soon. If your timeline exceeded the normal processing times, use the webform. It says on the website:
  • You may use this form if: Your application has exceeded normal processing times. We will not respond to your enquiry if the application is within normal processing times.

I've also applied for SOWP for my wife and a visitor visa for my daughter who are outside Canada along with my PGWP application. Statuses of their applications haven't changed, so I'll probably need to raise another webform for them.
I am kind of confused about what exactly means exceeding normal processing times. Would that be over 120 days or over the average disclosed on the IRCC website (143 days)?

kuan

Mar 26, 2022
I am kind of confused about what exactly means exceeding normal processing times. Would that be over 120 days or over the average disclosed on the IRCC website (143 days)?
There is a link embedded into normal processing times, which redirects to IRCC website with 143 days

Reactions: Llwyd