+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Inland Application - PGWP - Online
Applied on - 3rd May 2022
Review of eligibility -4th May 2022 - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Is this too fast?
No. This is how it looks like after the submission of your application. This means they haven't started looking at your application. When it changes to "We are reviewing your eligibility", it means they start processing your application.

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
No. This is how it looks like after the submission of your application. This means they haven't started looking at your application. When it changes to "We are reviewing your eligibility", it means they start processing your application.
Understood. Thanks for the clarification.

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
I just found out one more guy whose UCI number took 15 days to update once PGWP was submitted. Anyone else who observed here the same. This is really stressful.

WandaWits

Mar 5, 2021
Hi, I just recently finished my program and still waiting for my requirements from school to be able to apply for PGWP. How long is the PGWP processing now? Do I need to have submitted my PGWP application before I can work full time or I can start now that I'm done with studies?

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hi, I just recently finished my program and still waiting for my requirements from school to be able to apply for PGWP. How long is the PGWP processing now? Do I need to have submitted my PGWP application before I can work full time or I can start now that I'm done with studies?
If you haven't received degree completion letter from the school, and if your study permit is still valid, then you can work according to the conditions of your study permit (possibly not full-time, only part-time unless it is a scheduled break term.). When you receive your degree completion letter, you should stop working, submit your PGWP application and then resume working if you satisfy conditions that permit you to work while waiting for PGWP application to be approved (e.g. having a valid study permit, not working more than allowed time during study, etc.).

WandaWits

Mar 5, 2021
If you haven't received degree completion letter from the school, and if your study permit is still valid, then you can work according to the conditions of your study permit (possibly not full-time, only part-time unless it is a scheduled break term.). When you receive your degree completion letter, you should stop working, submit your PGWP application and then resume working if you satisfy conditions that permit you to work while waiting for PGWP application to be approved (e.g. having a valid study permit, not working more than allowed time during study, etc.).

Hi! Thanks for the reply. Yes my study permit is still valid. So once I apply for PGWP will IRCC notify me that I am permitted to work while PGWP is in the process? How long does it take to process now?

Lucky061

Jun 11, 2017
Just one question
If I am in implied status with expire sp/visa,waiting for the result, is it possible to go to flagpole or not ?

jeffjay

Star Member
Jan 5, 2022
Hi! Thanks for the reply. Yes my study permit is still valid. So once I apply for PGWP will IRCC notify me that I am permitted to work while PGWP is in the process? How long does it take to process now?
Usually you will get a letter in your portal account roughly 24 hours after your submission. That letter indicates that you can work until waiting for the decision (It has 4-month expiry date but you are allowed to work beyond that if you don't receive the decision by that date). Even if you don't receive that letter, you can just check your eligibility to work by checking criteria listed on IRCC website. If you meet all criteria, you can lawfully work while waiting for the decision. Currently, PGWP applications take more than 120 days to process. Due to backlogs, there is currently no sign for improvement...Unfortunately.

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
I just found out one more guy whose UCI number took 15 days to update once PGWP was submitted. Anyone else who observed here the same. This is really stressful.
OK I just found that UCI gets updated automatically. So its okay for now. Posting here so other guys don't stress out.

dudunk444

Feb 8, 2021
Usually you will get a letter in your portal account roughly 24 hours after your submission. That letter indicates that you can work until waiting for the decision (It has 4-month expiry date but you are allowed to work beyond that if you don't receive the decision by that date). Even if you don't receive that letter, you can just check your eligibility to work by checking criteria listed on IRCC website. If you meet all criteria, you can lawfully work while waiting for the decision. Currently, PGWP applications take more than 120 days to process. Due to backlogs, there is currently no sign for improvement...Unfortunately.
Hey do you have a source for allowing work beyond the 4 months expiry date?