+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Hey everyone how much time does it take for the physical copy of work permit to come after the approval letter has been issued by the government
I also have the same question. How do I know if my work permit is in the mail? Also can I apply for Ohip with the document number provided on the IRCC portal?

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Hello All,
I have used my old GCkey from which i applied study permit to submit the PGWP application today. When I go to PGWP application, it doesn't show anything on UCI and biometrics. There is only application number. is it normal or have I missed anything?

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Inland Application - PGWP - Online
Applied on - 3rd May 2022
Review of eligibility -4th May 2022 - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Is this too fast?

Last edited:
Reactions: jjj123545

Achechap

Star Member
Mar 1, 2021
Review of eligibility -4th May 2022
Is this too fast?
I also applied on May 3rd. Did you use the old GCKEY to submit the PGWP application? I used old one but my application doesn't show the UCI number. It only shows the application number and even nothing on biometrics. whats in your case?

QWERTYKING

Star Member
May 16, 2019
I also applied on May 3rd. Did you use the old GCKEY to submit the PGWP application? I used old one but my application doesn't show the UCI number. It only shows the application number and even nothing on biometrics. whats in your case?
I used the same GCKey that used when I applied for the study permit. And it shows my my UCI number on that application.

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Review of eligibility -4th May 2022 - "Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility."
Is this too fast?
it was same for me when i applied for my pgwp in dec 24 but i got approval april 28

Levyn

May 4, 2022
Hey guys, I just completed a 2 year program and about to apply for my PGWP but took my third semester part-time. Has it happened to any of you? If so what should I do?