+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Bhargav845

Apr 26, 2022
Hi, I have applied for pgwp few days back and my gckey account was blocked, as I have given security questions wrong and I tried to link it with my new gckey account but shows no data found what should I do now ? can I apply again from new gckey account ? I tried to call ircc but no response and for webform too.

Bhargav845

Apr 26, 2022
I got the PGWP today by flag polling completed my studies in December applied PGWP in January was waiting from long time so went to nearest border and had all the paperwork with me.
Officer took transcripts and degree issues a 3 years work permit of 2 years studies.
Thanks to everyone here in group!!
Also wanted to know now should I withdraw my IRCC application?
where did u do flagpooling ?

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
Processing time has increased to 134 days for PGWP :(:( But good news is that a number of people got approvals today which is encouraging for those that are still waiting.

Reactions: Amy9044

USA_student_to_Canada

Star Member
Oct 31, 2020
Processing time has increased to 134 days for PGWP :(:( But good news is that a number of people got approvals today which is encouraging for those that are still waiting.
I honestly think its good if IRCC takes longer to process the WP. You get all these extra months that count towards your permanent residency. Unless if you have to travel then its a different situation.

Last edited:
Reactions: husseinmehdi11

Walecott

Mar 24, 2019
Victoria, BC
Category........
WP
Job Offer........
Yes
I honestly think its good if IRCC takes longer to process the WP. You get all these extra months that count towards your work permit. Unless if you have to travel then its a different situation.
That is a good point the only problem is that some people are not being allowed to work after the WP-EXT document expires. While some employers dont mind, others do.