+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
IRCC doesn't pick up the call even at 8am EST timing on a Monday Morning...what is the best time to reach an agent of IRCC agent , i have not heard any update regarding my application even after the passing of processing times

My LMIA PGWP application was applied on 8th December 2021 and i have still not received any update related to my application after the passing of 133 days of processing

Can anybody tell me how to approach them and get status regarding where my application is and how much more time will it take for them to process the application.
What is a LMIA PGWP? PGWP is an open work permit.

vic_viv

Oct 8, 2018
Ok. So not a PGWP.
Just need a clarification:

I had Open Work Permit which was initially a PGWP once i graduated, which expired on 8th December 2021 and my company filed for work permit extention based on LMIA approval.

is there different processing times for these kinds of application, because as per the website i am checking work permit(initial and extention) which states 133 days for the online application

Please correct me if i am going in the wrong track..

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Just need a clarification:

I had Open Work Permit which was initially a PGWP once i graduated, which expired on 8th December 2021 and my company filed for work permit extention based on LMIA approval.

is there different processing times for these kinds of application, because as per the website i am checking work permit(initial and extention) which states 133 days for the online application

Please correct me if i am going in the wrong track..
You can’t extend a PGWP (unless eligible under current COVID guidelines) so you would have applied for a closed work permit (not an extension) with the LMIA...different forms/applications. Processing times should be the same but not sure you are eligible for an extension.

lischt13

May 17, 2020
For those who got an approval, did you receive any confirmation email from CIC when status changed to "reviewing", or you just happened to access you profile and figured out? I wonder if I will be notified when status changes.
Applied on Dec 23rd.

Vikas_422

Mar 29, 2022
Hi
I have applied pgwp on January 5 (outland applicant - India)
I received medical request. I uploaded medical and it is passed by IRCC
I received request for completion letter and it is uploaded on 13 april.
My review of eligibility is started on 15 April
When can I expect PGWP?

Hope1998

Apr 25, 2022
Dec 26th 2021, still waiting.
For those who are waiting from Dec 24, did your WP ext letter expired? Did you do anything for the same.raised any webforms?