+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Post Graduate Work Permit Processing Time (PGWP)

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
I applied PGWP in May 2021. The case transfered to Edmonton CPC. Still have not got approved until now. Almost 1 year. Many email to CIC, and contacted MLP to help. Same answer everytime, still under processed. Even CIC gave the temporary letter to allow to work until getting approved, my employer still decided to let me go today because I have not got new work permit after a long time. Applying for new jobs, they also request to have valid SIN or work permit. Now I am trapped in Canada with no job, no health insurance, no driver lience cause those thing cannot be renewed either. So desperated, anyone is on the same boat???

Reactions: jjj123545

Vinoth95

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
I applied PGWP in May 2021. The case transfered to Edmonton CPC. Still have not got approved until now. Almost 1 year. Many email to CIC, and contacted MLP to help. Same answer everytime, still under processed. Even CIC gave the temporary letter to allow to work until getting approved, my employer still decided to let me go today because I have not got new work permit after a long time. Applying for new jobs, they also request to have valid SIN or work permit. Now I am trapped in Canada with no job, no health insurance, no driver lience cause those thing cannot be renewed either. So desperated, anyone is on the same boat???
Was your application complicated? I have not heard anyone waiting for this long. This is something extraordinary. I suggest get in touch with professional consultant who can guide you better. Also did you try getting GCMS notes?

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
Gcms note would be best option and consulting a lawyer
You can even contact sean frasers office and send them a request regarding your application

Vicky231

Jan 16, 2018
thanks, I will try to get Gcms note. But the transfer at that time is very much because of Covid situation. The reply from CIC is quite sepcific that it is still processing and due to covid, they cannot meet the processing time at this point. It is just unlucky cause Edmonton CPC is overloaded right now which all prioritized applications from Aghanishtan and Ukrain right now. I don't know what a lawyer can do at this point.

jjj123545

Dec 23, 2021
thanks, I will try to get Gcms note. But the transfer at that time is very much because of Covid situation. The reply from CIC is quite sepcific that it is still processing and due to covid, they cannot meet the processing time at this point. It is just unlucky cause Edmonton CPC is overloaded right now which all prioritized applications from Aghanishtan and Ukrain right now. I don't know what a lawyer can do at this point.
My study permit extension is processing sine 9 months tried everything i could but no luck
We both are kind of same situation

eagle117

Jan 11, 2022
Gcms note would be best option and consulting a lawyer
You can even contact sean frasers office and send them a request regarding your application
I know a guy from BC also got nearly 1 year application, contacting MP is a good option, Good luck, I know the waiting is harrowing. Are you in BC?

eagle117

Jan 11, 2022
I applied for PGWP the similar time as you, in May 2021, and the process took 3 months. And you can check the old posts here, a guy from BC got approved at the similar time as mine, but he or she waited for more than one year.